Little Snitch disable and remove protected rules

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gramps416, Jan 11, 2015.

1. gramps416 macrumors member

I have recently upgraded my little snitch software and noticed that disabling or removing protected rules is no longer possible.

I would like to revert back to a previous version where i can remove or disable protected rules I don't like.

I studied the changelog but could not see... Does anyone remember when this change was implemented?

2. HenryAZ macrumors 6502

HenryAZ

I have the latest version, and while the "disable" checkbox is grayed out, you can still highlight the protected rule and use the Edit/Disable menu function. It will complain, but let you do it anyway.

3. LSalmostsucks, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

LSalmostsucks macrumors newbie

Your answer is incorrect

HenryAZ - Are you sure you're running the latest version, cause I am.

Version #3.5.2
    Core System Version 4240
    Kernel Version 4240

And this version Does NOT allow you to edit protected rules. Upgrade and let me know what happens.

And ppl please don't fill this thread with "me too" just supply a fix or workaround IF you have one.

4. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Disabling protected rules works fine in current 3.5.2 version.

Help > Manage rules >
    Disable and enable rules

Disabling rules is an alternative to deleting them. It allows you to keep them available and reenable them later, and it also works for protected rules. To disable (or enable) one or more selected rules, do one of the following:

• Choose Edit > Disable (or Enable) from the menu bar.
    • Right-click on the selected rules and choose Disable or Enable from the contextual menu.
    • Click the checkbox in the “On” column of the rules list.
    • Press the space bar to toggle the selected rules between enabled and disabled.
    Disabled rules are greyed out and can be hidden from the list by clicking the Hide Disabled button in the toolbar.

5. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

I'm running the same version and build as you quote. Disabling Protected rules works perfectly.

6. benzer macrumors newbie