Little thing I like to do with contact pics (google maps)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sir Ruben, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I'm sure a few of you may already do this, but for the people who haven't considered it here is what I do:

Adding a contact picture means it displays when the contact calls you or if you call them. So what Ive started doing recently, is say for example my fav restaurant, I will locate it in streetview on the Google Maps app and then hold down the home & standby screens to take a screen shot. Then I rotate the picture and re-save using the Photoshop app. Once done I edit the relevant contact and add the picture.

You could do this for businesses, cinema's, peoples houses, etc.

I'm not sure what made me think of it originally, but its kind of addictive plus it satisfies my OCD. Ahhhhhh! :D

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Anything to satisfy the OCD! I like lining things up on the screen by pixel. :eek:

3. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

So you use pictures of street views for your contact pictures for your restaurants or places of business instead of nothing?

4. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

I use actual pictures that I took of places that I have contact info for...street view pics are weaksauce

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

If places have a logo I usually use that for their picture but I might use your suggestion for the places that don't. Thanks. :)

6. pamon macrumors 6502

never thought of doing that. interesting stuff. just lists name on mine. lol

7. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I find the pics are so high quality they look like you have jus take. Them yourself. I think it ads something if you like your contacts organised and complete.

8. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Why bother using space on a contact that isn't going to call you?

I just google for business phone numbers.

As for contacts, I typically use a cartoon character that reminds me of that person.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

If the OP is a regular on the business and needs reservation before hand or similar and a search takes extra time and then remembering the name of the place too (ex. too many italian restaurants and you would have a huge list!)....
    I used to do the cartoons contacts thing a long time ago too, but that was before I could put an actual picture of them. lol

10. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

not particular to this post but

there really should be a sub forum for you OCD guys, its a win win situation, you guys can be as OCD as you want, and the rest of us don't have to deal with it/flame you guys

its just a phone, most of us are normal and don't have these kind of urges to continue update it, clean it, check it for scratches, protect it like a newborn, etc

11. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Yet you feel the need to come to a forum where that's all people talk about. Odd.

People on here 'enjoy' talking about the iPhone and all the little things you can do with it. Some people find it interesting no matter how insignificant it is to others.

12. jbro1999 macrumors regular

haha exactly.

Thats a good idea, I might have to try it!

13. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I know what you mean but there is just something classy about the place you are calling showing on your screen when you phone them :D

Besides I haven't used up all my space yet and if it gets close I'll just delete one of the digital copies of a movie I have stored on the phone. As far as I know the contacts don't take up a lot of space, at least, I don't think they do.

14. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

don't start saying that being OCD is normal, its not, and you know it