Little tiny ads on TV

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OutThere, Jun 26, 2007.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

A NASCAR pit crew just walked across the screen and changed the tires on the NASCAR logo during a poignant moment in the show I was watching. Is it just me or do those little video overlays in the corners of the screen (that don't always stay there) really piss you off? So damn distracting.

Seems to be a lot worse on some channels, USA, FX, TNT. Bah.

2. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i hate them. absolutely, positively hate 'em.

3. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

Ugh! I hate thoses....wait till the networks start selliing that space to the marketplace...It's just their way of getting around Tivo :(

4. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

I think TBS and FX are the worst. Trying to watch anything is impossible.

I once watched some show, and I saw a giant flame shoot out from the side of the screen. It was enough to make me jump, due to the mood of the show I was watching, however it proved to be only an ad for "Rescue Me", and thus i was kinda miffed.

I hate ads.

5. OutThere thread starter macrumors 603

OutThere

Yeah I think they run that like 5 times per show. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm technically contributing the problem as I watch everything on tivo...but gahhhh.

6. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

I don't mind them so much, but now they are starting to have SOUND. In many cases, I have missed important dialogue in the show I was watching due to those things.

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Well, they gotta do something.

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

NASCAR SUCKS!! Therefor they shouldnt be advertising anywhere.

9. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

We don't get censored for sayin piss do we?

Yea those things are annoying, especially when the also make sounds. Sometimes I get confused where the sounds come from.

10. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

In any case, I hate getting advertising shoved down my throat. :mad: It's everywhere: The outfield walls at baseball stadiums look like the yellow pages, web advertising (especially), and (more on-topic) those freakin' things that come over the show after a commercial break. There really should be some limit to the amount of ads so to not have it shoved down everyone's throat everywhere we go/look.

11. mpw Guest

As a Brit I was amazed by US TV when I first saw it back in '94, it was practically unwatchable compared to british TV and sounds like it's only getting worse.

EDIT: and I'm talking just about how it's broadcast, not even what drivel it is being ruined by the advertising

12. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

While I find such advertising intrusive, if it weren't for advertising then we would have less quality free-to-air TV.

What I am talking about - 'quality’ and 'free-to-air TV' what an oxymoron. I obviously have no idea. What an idiot....:eek:

In fact, the actual 30 second adverts are probably better produced and much more worth watching - the time will come when we fast-forward out Tivoed programs and stop to watch the commercial breaks!

Anyhoo, I guess commercial TV is called 'commercial' for a reason. But cable TV? Aren't we already paying for it by subscribing? I guess the commercials keep subscription costs down, but I still hate them.

Actually, the only time I like commercials is when I have to pee. And if there are 5 minutes or so of commercials I can do #2 :D