Little underwhelmed with the band offerings

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by map1978, Apr 12, 2015.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I was lucky to get a 4-24/5-8 shipment date, but went to a try on to check out the bands that were available. Hope I'm not the only one, but none of the bands wowed me like I thought.

The Milanese was nothing special, nice, but nothing special. I really thought after reading all the praise the band got that I'd be wowed. The leather loop was probably the nicest offering (for me and my taste) and then the classic buckle coming in second. But those were even meh and didn't have me wanting to rush and order a extra band.

I was however thrilled with the feel of the sport band (surprised by the quality actually) and happy I went stainless steel over aluminum.

Anyone else with similar thoughts?

2. coolfilmaker macrumors member

I have a feeling they are keeping some more exciting band designs back to be released with future Apple Watch updates which may be less exciting.

3. Wildgift macrumors 6502

Agreed. Third party sellers will do great and cost less.

4. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

The sport band was an incredible surprise. Can't wait to get a green one!

5. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

£129 for a strap! Underwhelmed is a the least of my issues.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I totally agree. The sport felt much nicer than I thought it would. Unfortunately, my favorite band was the Link band....DAT PRICE!

7. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I think the chain link bracelet is incredible. Flush and comfortable.

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Sport felt great. A little klugey to put it on, but I suppose you learn quickly. Love how the tab tucks into itself. My Pebble catches on everything and pulls out of the retaining sleeve.

The SS link was also very nice.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

It was strange to put on at first. I usually do not like steel bands, but think it looks great on the apple watch. I go back and forth if I will keep my order for the link band or just cancel it. I have the classic buckle and sport already ordered (classic was with the watch).

10. Wildgift macrumors 6502

Surprisingly, the sport felt and looked great.

11. taedouni macrumors 65816

I really enjoyed the Milanese loop but it's not shipping until June at the moment. I ordered the 42mm SS with black sports band (I try to go to the gym Monday-Thursday mornings) and it arrives in 4/24-5/8. Since I can't get the Milanese I ordered the link. I'm going to have to cut spending to be able to afford it =(

12. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I agree. I like the leather options, but because I've got one coming with my Watch (classic), I don't feel the need to buy another. I think I'll get a Sport band for working out and be done with it.

Milanese was disappointing. It looks much better in pictures IMO.

13. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

If the CEO of the company is wearing the sport most of the time, it must be comfortable.