LittleBigPlanet Impressions

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Sep 28, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I've been playing the beta for a few hours now and other than the fact that it is tons of fun I figured I'd write up some more impressions.

Beginning:
    In the beginning of the game you go through a short credits/basic tutorial level. Very nice looking and Stephen Fry is great at the narration. Then you get into your pod and start the main story.

Story:
    Before anything else is unlocked you do just a couple stages of story mode. There are only 4 or 5 levels in the beta, but it's enough to get used to the game. Once you beat those you can go online and play levels, or go build you own.

Online:
    There are some great levels online. Some sweet ones like one where you hope a car and it drives past sensors, causing (note by note), part of Sweet Child Of Mine to play. Also some like Wipeout LBP. Pretty much a crazy fast driving level :). Once you finish playing a level you are given a choice of a few tags to tag it with.

Building:
    The editor is amazing. In the beginning of the editor you need to go through TONS OF TUTORIALS. Which is really annoying, and takes forever. Too bad I'll have to do them again in the full release. There are tons of tools in the beta, and the whole thing is easy to use and way too much fun.

Those are the main modes of the beta. Any questions? :D
    So far, this is probably the most fun I've had in a while playing a game :).

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

The PS3 looks mighty attractive now!

How is the versatility of the editor and the creative-freedom for the level building? Is it something like Garry's Mod where you can pretty much create anything or is it limited to certain types of gameplay and levels?

3. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yup, it's kind of similar to garry's mod. There are pieces and items to put down, then connectors, tools, and so much more :). Its easy to place things down and then tune the options for it to do just what I want.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sounds fun...How are the made levels...are they fun?
    How are the controls?

Bless

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I Absolutely love this game, its pretty much perfect for a platformer/creator.

Playing with friends is great too!

6. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I bought my PS3, back in January or so, pretty much for this game (and MLB: The Show).

I'm jealous. I can't wait to get this when it comes out.

7. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

The controls are great, I've noticed some changes since I played it back in July but it's perfect. The built in levels? There are only 4 or 5 in the beta but they are very detailed and look great.

8. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Getting my beta code soon! Managed to get in the first 1000 comments on the official site. God that was lucky.

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Uhhh...but I don't wanna spend the cash on a PS3 yet :-(

But some many good game coming for it!

10. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I started my first level today.

Title- "The Big City"
    Description- "Sackboy got lost in the big city. Help him escape!" (Or something like that, don't really remember).

After two hours of hard work I created about 3 minutes of playtime. I'm actually pretty impressed with what I made, it's nothing amazing, but it sure is sweet! Once I finish I'll record it for youtube.

11. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

If you wouldn't mind, how much space does the created levels and all the bonus stuff take up on your HD?

12. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Haven't checked, but I'm willing to bet it's next to nothing.

13. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I've been waiting for this title for nearly 2 years. I so don't like you. Great level though, can't wait, only 10 more days! :cool:

14. XianPalin macrumors 6502

I got in the beta and played the first level or so. I already had it preordered, so I decided that instead of playing the starter levels in the beta and then having to do it all over again, I'm just gonna wait for the full game. I just confirmed that it indeed seemed awesome and left it at that. :eek:

15. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

I was wondering the same thing although I just bumped my 60GB to 120GB so it probably won't matter much at this point.

16. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

7 days!!! omg, i have my pre-order with kratos sackboy, i'm going to put in a solid 40 hrs that first weekend!!!

17. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Got mine too!

18. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I'm amazed at how many people already have the damn game.

Come on Amazon, break the date street date. Sony won't be mad.

19. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

I *think* I pre-ordered this game-- but I did it so long ago that I'm not even sure anymore. I hope I did...

20. macfan881 macrumors 68020

This game is being Hailed as a Instant Classic by the press. the beta was amazing and i cant wait to get the full game. one of my friends got the full copy from a contest with sony today he says the past 3 in the beta get better each level ugh only 5 more days

21. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't mind. I've just gotten used to ignoring the early sales. Although I really want the game NOW, I'm fine waiting until the real release date (I'll be in Michigan this weekend anyway :p).

22. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!!! People have the game already? WHAT?? Why can't i be this lucky?

23. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Don't freak out, it happens with every big release. Some stores just end up breaking the release date by a few days.

24. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

A lot of people have Fable II already too. I never get anything that breaks the street date :p