LittleBigPlanet MGS Level pack

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Dec 19, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

This announcement for the new LBP MGS level pack is just amazing, and adds tons of stuff to the game. And it's coming before Christmas, on Tuesday.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...etal-gear-solid-edition-on-the-ps-store-1223/

First off there are the costumes..
    -Solid Snake
    -Meryl Silverburgh
    -Screaming Mantis
    -Raiden

1 for $1.99, or 4 for $5.99

Then.... there's the level pack, which includes tons of new stuff.
    Levels:
    -5 new story levels
    -1 new challenge level
    Items:
    -Gurlokovich Soldier costume
    -72 stickers
    -12 materials
    -10 decorations
    -18 objects
    Tools:
    -1 new background music track
    -3 new interactive music tracks
    -1 new Metal Gear Solid themed ‘sound object’
    -New Plasma Ball ‘danger element’
    -New Laser Sight ‘gadget’
    -New functioning Searchlight lamp – for those special ‘exclamation mark’ moments
    -THE PAINTINATOR (and Paint Switch)

This sounds pretty sweet, and the paintinator looks like a great addition. You can use it to hit switches and do whatever (enemies!) in levels, or you can splat your friend. They also said that people who don't own the levels can play online MGS pack levels with hosts (not alone I guess).

And all for $5.99
    Check out the great video on psblog.

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

This will make my son extremely happy. He hasn't touched another game on any console since LBP came out. He's 7 and loves to create levels and mess with character outfits.

3. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

This thread deserves pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can overstate how awesome this all looks. If this is just the beginning of this kind of DLC, I can't wait to see what else they can do.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

DLC should be free, i mean i did shell out 60 bucks for the game that had a uber short story mode:cool:

5. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

*rollseyes* I just hate it when people say that. It's not going to change anything, and this DLC is pretty cheap. They could have easily put a $10 price tag on it, but nope, it's the same price as 4 costumes (lol). At least this isn't EA :p.

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I don't mind paying for DLC as long as it's not ridiculously over-priced and it isn't bundled with crap I don't want/need [Guitar Hero track packs I'm looking at you].
    Developers need to make money like the rest of us.

The story mode of LBP might be on the short side, but the tools are what the game is all about. I look at the story mode as a template for what you can do with the parts you earn/collect. Some of the levels people are making are wicked cool, and yes some of them are lame as can be, too. I love watching my boy make levels, because I know he is getting exposed, albeit on a rudimentary level, to what it takes to make a game. He has a blast, and that's the whole point of games, imho...fun.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Help me!! I've downloaded a number of sackboy costumes and paid for the winter Xmas pack. I installed etc..

Despite this I can't seem to access any of this stuff in the actual game? What is wrong?

Getting fustratred with it.

8. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

So, you downloaded it, went to the game section. Clicked and installed it, opened LBP, opened popit, nothing new? It's sometimes hard to find.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep yep yep. So far I'm missing the Street Fighter characters, the Narito costume and all the winter stuff (santa costume, world stuff)...

It's really wierd :eek:

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

did you accidentally buy the US version and you are loading the UK version of the game? There are only certain versions that will play other regions downloads, US only US, UK only UK.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Feck!! That's exactly what I've done then :mad:

(i have USA LBP, downloading Euro content)

Look's like I'm going to have to trade in my USA copy and get a Euro version.

God that's bloody awkward :( I mean a frickin sticker and a few objects shouldn't be locked to version. what a pain....

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This DLC looks good...I see some VR missions in there too...cool.

Bless

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Update.....

So yes american content works fine.. downloaded the free stuff and it works no bother. Only problem is how to pay for $$ content in the US store as it wont accept my CC info.

Where can you buy PSN Codes from online ?

14. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I think wal-mart and gamestop carry PSN cards, however I'm not sure if either ship internationally. I have to run out for some shopping today, do you want me to pick you up a $25 PSN card if i find one?

PM/Email me

It is odd that they did the DLC coding, however its that way with most every game. I have Hot Shots Golf 5 (Minna No Golf 5) from Japan, I can only use content from Japan on that game, the US version wont work. Folklore the same thing, I think its just the way it works.

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Thanks for that Ed, it's appreciated.

However as impatient as i am, I managed to get one off ebay. $25 for a $20 psn card... but hey it's only €19.20 with the currency conversion and as PSN usually just does a straight price switch ($2.99 = €2.99) so I'm still on a straight price switch.

:)

No to remember in future to only buy DLC from the region the game is from. I wondered why my Dead Space suits weren't working either... guess I know now.

16. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

My son got out of school early today, and he just called me to find out when I'm coming home so we can buy the MGS packs for LBP and start playing.:D

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

17. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Keep checking here http://blog.us.playstation.com/ As of 11am they still have not officially been released on the store.

18. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

They should make these facts more known....
    -Playstation.Blog has tons of great news, that's usually new and exclusive
    -Playstation.Blog is where you can find out what is on the PSN store, it is updated at the same time as the store (usually in the evening, 5-8pm CST).

19. angelneo macrumors 68000

Holy cow, I hope this is available for purchase in my area. argghh.. my ps3 is on loan now.

20. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

21. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Totally worth the money. It adds even more depth to the already awesome platformer. Maybe Little Big Planet 2 will add a 3D platformer option (alas Mario 64, etc) along with the 2D platformer. :D Then it'd truly be even more awesome! Just imagine the possibilities.;)

22. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

3D doesn't sounds appealing to me at all, actually. Maybe they could make it cool, but I'm not seeing it. :)

23. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Me either, 2D w/ layers FTW!

24. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

God I want that game, it's the only game (aside from MGS) that makes me want to get a PS3, it makes it worth it...

25. macfan881 macrumors 68020

LBP is worth it imo and these packs prove they are MGS pack is pretty awsome im on the 3rd lever right now i love the fact that they added some stealth gameplay into it. i Cant wait to see what other DLC comes in the future Suposivly there is a Final Fantasy pack dunno if its just costumes /levels or both and Disney is supose to be doing some stuff with LBP to, i can only dream of what they would do with disney :D