LittleBigPlanet PSP

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Nov 19, 2009.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

So, has anyone gotten this yet? The demo is great, and I can't wait for it to be available on PSN.

First off, the PSN issue. It was supposed to be in the store on Tuesday, but a Sony rep admitted that they were having some issues of some sort and were working "hard" to fix it. It's now supposed to come out in the US next Tuesday.

Now that that's gone. The demo is fun. It includes one level, and one mini game (surfing). The game looks just like LBP PS3, just scaled down a little. And it looks crisp on the Go's high ppi screen. No lag, just slightly long loading times. After reading some reviews, the online features (rating/uploading/download/etc) seem to be great, and are better than anything else on the PSP. The level editor sounds good, but maybe a little hard to use. And the story levels sound sweet. There are even some good user created ones up already that I can't wait to try...

The game is currently available everywhere but the US on PSN, and everywhere on UMD so go grab it.

2. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Well, since my primary PSP is the PSP Go, it is obvious I don't have it ... :(

3. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha, ya..... Well, come Tuesday you should be able to get it!

4. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Heh, I played the UMD version last week ;). But yea I thought it was okay. Only got to level 3 before my bro took it back and hadn't unlocked the level create mode yet. Not as good as the PS3 version and very annoyed that you can't switch controls to the dpad but it's still pretty good and all that Stephen Fry hoohah whimsy is still there. The music was especially good!

6. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm loving it so far. It's so similar to the PS3 version. Right now I'm messing around in create mode.

7. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

It looks really good. I have a psp slim and was thinking of picking it up after christmas.

8. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I picked it up for my PSP Go just a bit ago along with Assassin's Creed to play while visiting my wife's sister over the weekend ... notice it came with 3 extra little add-ons. Can't wait to give it a try since I don't have a PS3.

9. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've noticed a few issues with the game. Just some small bugs that make me think that this game was released a bit early. Of course, you can know update games on the PSP! So there should be some patches coming (there is already one).

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Very good game, highly suggest PSP owners pick it up!

11. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Agreed - the Assassin's Creed game is pretty lousy, but that was made up for by how good LBP is!

12. macfan881 macrumors 68020

A note to LBP PS3 owners they added the create a level online online mode last night so go get if you got a copy

13. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ya, the reviews didn't sound good... Next on my PSP list: Socom FTB3 :D

Yup, already installed! Haven't tried it out, but it's installed.
    One thing that I hate about LBP PS3: I had to download a save file online since my PS3 crashed and I lost my LBP save once, and now I get the lame "you won't get trophies" message every time I launch. I don't care!

14. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

picked this up from HMV today. First of all let me say that i adored enjoyed the original, I have a soft spot for the game! The psp version is no different.

So far i have played through a few levels and am loving it. I am shocked at how close the physics is to the ps3 version, while the graphics are also very similar (only problem is that when playing sackboy is quite small on my psp 2000 screen, which is an issue for my girlfriend as she can't spend as much time making interesting outfits: she can hardly see them!).

Haven't had a go at the editor yet, although this was never something I really did on the ps3 version so i am probably the wrong person to advise in this respect!