Live audio effects

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by temo, May 19, 2007.

1. temo macrumors newbie

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum...Well, I need a program that produces/applies the audio effects live (not after recording) from the mic to the speakers. My friend who owns a Dell Desktop, can do this using his audio card (creative sound blaster) and I'm not sure whether it's a hardware feature or a software feature that I can find a mac equivalent software for? I've been searching for this online but I'm not sure if I was using the right keywords...

Thanks a lot...appreciate the help

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

3. temo thread starter macrumors newbie

I just liked this feature...you know, sometimes I feel like singing (specially in front of my friends...let 'em hear my good voice :cool: ) but not really want to record it...just have a live mini-concert or whatever :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?? should I buy a dell? :eek:

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm still not getting it. what kind of setup do you have now, or what kind of setup do you want? what's the main purpose of your setup, from which you want to do this one special thing?

or is this all you want to do? if so, just grab a used spx90 or something and you're set.

5. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Reaktor 5 can do all sorts of things like this. Realtime effects. And Logic Pro can. And there are other programs.
    Are you looking for something free- to make yourself sound like a chipmunk?

And Creative Labs stuff is crappy, actually. Fixed sample rate of 48k and drivers are very bad. Despite the hype with that brand....

6. temo thread starter macrumors newbie

scottlinux: thank you... thank you. realtime effects, the keyword I was looking for. I found Audiodia which serves my purpose. thanks ;)