General Live Battery Indicator + Bolt temp fix/patch

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lanceuppercut47, Apr 28, 2013.

1. lanceuppercut47, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

lanceuppercut47 macrumors regular

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

4. SolidBill macrumors newbie

Battery percentage display of LBI combined with the charging indicator of Bolt.

I believe I saw somewhere that the LBI dev is working on incorporating a similar charging indicator into LBI, but I could be wrong.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

As mentioned by the above poster, Bolt gives you a charging icon.

Without the patch that is mentioned in the very first post LBI kills Bolt's charging icon.

It would be cool if the LBI dev is indeed working on a charging icon. That would mean one less tweak.

The first day LBI was out I emailed the dev on another matter too. The fact that the LBI battery icon is not flush right on the status bar where the normal battery icon would be. He said he was working on that. Hopefully it will be in an update soon.

6. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Oh cool, I just checked it out and I like it. Hopefully it'll get a Bolt like icon.

7. kampongkid macrumors regular

why not just use custom battery from magn2o? it came first and already supports custom charging images so you wouldn't need bolt. not only that, but bushe (who made that temp fix you posted) has made a custom battery skin that works with the latest update.

you can find it all here - http://repo.fortysixandtwo.com/

8. SolidBill macrumors newbie

LBI has been updated and now includes a charging indicator.

Anyone who does the update, let me know what you think. Considering dropping Bolt, but my mind isn't 100% made up yet.

9. lanceuppercut47 thread starter macrumors regular

I've dropped bolt and the patch in favor of just LBI (streamlining cydia stuff installed), does the job but not too keen on the default charging icon but not a winterboard fan either :/

Also still doesn't always align to far left annoyingly!!

10. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I don't like the update. What it does is add a lightning bolt icon inside of the circle and gets rid of the percentage. The partially filled circle still shows up over the lighter full circle so you know how charged the battery is, but I preferred the numerical readout, although I wasn't a fan of not knowing whether or not the phone was charging unless I looked at the lockscreen and saw my charging battery. I preferred the last version, but oh well.

Instead of the lightning bolt, I would want something like the number inside the circle gets changed to a green color, or perhaps the numbers get put into a bold font, etc. Maybe I'll take care of that on my own.

11. iALLOUT4eva macrumors regular

iALLOUT4eva

Ya the update fixes one problem but adds a new one #

12. lanceuppercut47 thread starter macrumors regular

If you how to change that behaviour to the green circle without winterboard, do share :)