Live chat

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
I just realized you might be talking about how external customers reach support. I was referring to how internal customers report issues. Sorry.

Our company does not offer live customer service because customer’s calls are too complicated for a chat window.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Why don't more companies have live chat?
I hate live chat, and I'm not always sure I'm dealing with a human being at this point. I'd rather call and talk, tech support sucks enough, and trying to break out of the automated voice system is a pain. I'd rather have a real human on the other end

max2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 31, 2015
I hate live chat, and I'm not always sure I'm dealing with a human being at this point. I'd rather call and talk, tech support sucks enough, and trying to break out of the automated voice system is a pain. I'd rather have a real human on the other end
This is true that tech support sucks enough! :)

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I agree.

I’ve generally found that the chat support agents are clearer and easier to understand than outsourced phone agents. Also, it take less nonsense—such as selecting an infinite number of options in a phone tree—to get into contact with a helpful agent.

Reactions: max2