live.com?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FuuFuu, Jul 23, 2008.

1. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

is this website true? has anyone actually bought an item from this? i tried macbook and i went the top link for ebay. it says it would give me 250 cashback after i purchase a Buy It Now macbook.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. FuuFuu thread starter macrumors regular

FuuFuu

how do you get the money back? does it just subtract from the item's price?

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

SORRY NO RUDENESS INTENDED OR NO OFFENSE/OFFENCE... NOT SURE HOW TO SPELL IT..

You haven't made yourself clear -- who give you the cashback (EBAY/MICROSOFT) ebay/live>?

when on the site i cant find the link for macbook.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay, I see it now.

I refuse to believe they'll give you any money back. It just doesn't seem right...

6. FuuFuu thread starter macrumors regular

FuuFuu

Go to live.com, type in macbook white on the search engine. at the top of the website, where it says sponsored links, there's one for ebay.com and there's a cashback tab on the right side of it. if you click on it, it goes to ebay.com and lets you pick a buy it now macbook. when you click buy it now, it says you'll receive $250 cashback. since this is a microsoft search engine and according to the website, the money is from microsoft, i'm beginning to believe that this does in fact work.

7. FuuFuu thread starter macrumors regular

FuuFuu

can anyone answer? i really need to know. this is a really good deal. i just want to know if anyone actually done it and it was legit.

8. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

There's a link at the top of the eBay pages clicked through Live.com and it states that the program is funded and paid for by Microsoft. It's legit.

http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html?_trksid=m37

Looks like Microsoft is giving people 25% off anything purchased through eBay and PayPal. What's ironic is that Microsoft is giving you 25% off a MacBook. :p

9. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Do it. Great thing that they set up...I just cant believe that Microsoft is doing this! Getting cash back is great. I already have $100 waiting for me, the money clears into my PayPal account Sept. 20th. If anybody wants to save money, buy your computer now!