Live Free Or Die Hard

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kermit the frog, May 30, 2007.

1. Kermit the frog macrumors regular

Kermit the frog

Well not only is Bruce Willis in back but Justin Long will also be in it. Anywho I'm a HUUUUGE fan of the first 3 movies and I just saw the trailer for the new one, it looks decent...what do you guys think?!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Since he was the older man in Friends, seeing him doing all that action makes me laugh...

3. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

ooohh yes!

I love the Die Hard movies!
    Definitely going to watch this one. :cool:

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It won't be the most amazing piece of cinema ever created, but then that's hardly the point, is it. I'm sure Dire Hard 4 won't disappoint in doing what it's supposed to do. I'm looking forward to it.

5. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

the movie is going to be soo awesome. Bruce Willis is THE MAN! problably more than man that dare i say? yes i dare.... more the man than Samual L. Jackson.

plus... He willlll say yippie-cay-yay mutha f*cker. verbatim. you are allowed to say the f-bomb one time in a PG-13 movie, and they will undoubtedly take advantage of that rule for the line of all lines.

plus Kevin Smith is in it. A car crashes into a plane! Bruce Willis! oh boy, i'm all excited now. thinking about live free or die hard was exactly what i needed this morning as a pick me up. :D

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

doesn't look nearly as awesome as the past three, shame. but hopefully it'll be a great action flick nonetheless.

7. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Anyone go to the Midnight showing? I'm headed up to see it in about an hour, I wanna know how good it is.

8. stillwater macrumors regular

I went to the matinee today. I loved it. This one has everything a Die Hard flick should have.

Justin Long was perfectly cast as a scruffy computer hacker. He and Willis played off each other quite well.

Go see it!

9. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Awesome, and the pg-13 rating doesn't kill it? I dunno what a Die Hard movie will be like without all the language. :eek:

10. stillwater macrumors regular

Ya know, I didn't even think about the language. I guess I was enjoying myself too much.

11. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Hate to say it guys but the majority of the reviews are not positive, and most universally agree that it feels little like a die hard movie. [AICN Reviews]

Also, isn't it weird they're calling it Die Hard 4.0 in certain places (like Australia). This was the working title apparently...

12. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Yeah, screw any reviewer who said it was awful. That was amazing, I seriously think it was the best of the series.

13. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Really? That's a pretty bold claim!

14. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

One that I feel perfectly comfortable making.

It has a little bit of a more modern feel to it than the original three, but my God it was amazing. Justin Long, btw, plays PERFECTLY beside Bruce Willis.

The only liners that you got from Willis in the first three are now mostly delivered by Long, but he delivers them in a way that just amazed me and the guys I went with.

15. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Interesting! I think I need to see it but my hopes aren't all that high (maybe a little bit higher now!). Die Hard is a legendary series so it needs to be pretty damn good to even come close to being more than just another action film.

I have to say a lot of the movie sites and critics have their heads so far up their movie fanboy a-holes that it bears no relevance to what the average fan will feel, so to see some positive takes on it from a wider audience is good news.

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The movie was cool...a lot of crashes and the norm. The movie was edited a lot...hope they bring out a unrated version on DVD.

Bless

17. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I'm looking forward to seeing Bruce back in action. These movies are always fun.

18. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Let me preface my comments by saying I haven't seen any of the other Die Hards (go ahead, I'm expecting it).

This was a pretty fun movie to watch. Standing on its own, I didn't feel like the movie was particularly censored- it didn't feel as it was "softer" than it should have been. Others will feel differently, I'm sure, and especially if they've seen the previous movies. This one was over the top, just like it should be, I'm told, and the movie does a good job of keeping the energy consistently high.

I will say that they could have skipped the whole Harrier jet scene. That was easily the least believable part, in my mind, of an unbelievable movie. :)

19. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Agreed, that was my least favorite part.

20. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i haven't seen it yet, but a Harrier Jet = True Lies to me. :p

21. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Never saw that movie, what is it about?

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Arnold and wife, married. disgruntled. etc. action. have to save their family and daughter. its not bad. a bit dated now though. kinda like Mr. and Mrs. Smith in a way.

23. stillwater macrumors regular

That wasn't a Harrier. It was an F 35 lightning II. Much more advanced than a Harrier.

I agree though, they came close to jumping the shark in that scene.

24. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

I thought it was a harrier too. :eek:
    I didn't know the US had any newer VTOL planes.

25. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Ok guys, two things:

You need to go watch the other die hard movies, now, all in a row.

And you need to go watch that movie, now.

If films like Die Hard 4 are setting the bar for you both, you have a rich library of really good films yet to watch.

At least I hgope that's the case. And I'm not sounding really old all of sudden :eek: ;)