Live messenger for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Orly, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Orly macrumors newbie

Orly

I hope this belongs here:

I'm using live messenger 6.0.3. When I try to delete a contact, it tell me that the server is currently unable to delete the contact, and asks me to try later. But it won't be deleted even later.

I don't know what causes this, and it's really annoying.
    Can anyone help please?:confused:

Orly:apple:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

This is just one more reason to use Adium, its fantastically customizable, and has much less issues than Microsoft:Messenger :)

3. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

I had the same problem few months ago......just tryback in few hours....

4. Orly thread starter macrumors newbie

Orly

I have.. I've been doing it for weeks

nothing helps...

5. kolax macrumors G3

Microsoft have dropped MSN Messenger:Mac and are working on a brand new version, Messenger:Mac or something (was posted here, I forgot what it is called).

Won't be out till fall 2008 roughly, which sucks, since we need webcam support etc drastically in the Mac Messenger.

I tend to run Parallel's Desktop and use the Windows Live Messenger to use webcams etc.

6. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

You're right, You're sooo right :) It is sooo nice!! check my xtras ,,

The Adium Dev are working on Adium A/V! but it may take some time.. next year or so..

7. Orly thread starter macrumors newbie

Orly

Btw

Does any of you know if I can write in hebrew in this Adium?

8. kolax macrumors G3

I'd rather use MS's official release tbh - I like the layout and that way I am completely compatible with my Window counter partners.

9. Orly thread starter macrumors newbie

Orly

?

Can I chat in hebrew? It's important since not all my contacts speak English

10. .adam macrumors regular

What features do you find incompatible with Mac: Messenger when using Adium? I haven't encountered any problems so far.

Adium's customisation features are the best!

11. sil3nc3 macrumors regular

you can't send smilies. (At least with the latest panther version)

12. Orly thread starter macrumors newbie

Orly

So I guess no one can help me here...

Is there really nothing to do with the messenger refusing to delete contact?
    Is the only way to solve this is to switch to this Adium? And what if I can't use hebrew there?
    There's gotta be another solution

13. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

May I suggest to the OP that you try Adium, if you decide to rule against it then delete it. It only leaves behind some plugins for the Address Book and a folder in Application Support and of course some preference files and two Cache folders.. phew.

But in all fairness you should try it out.

You could always try using a Jabber account and an MSN gateway. www.jabbim.com has some goodness for you. Use PSI from www.psi-im.org to create an account and assign an MSN gateway with www.jabbim.com. Only do this if you're comfortable with these kind of tools and solutions.

Then use iChat or Adium if you prefer that after having tried it.

Tip: when in Psi, add an account and choose to register a new account. enter "www.jabbim.com" and proceed. In the menu inside Psi(File?)find Service Discovery and you should see some gateways pop up. Choose your favorite gateway and right click on it to select Register. Proceed.

Not sure if this can help you decide on the Hebrew thing. Everyone should speak English anyway. j/k :)

14. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

You don't need to get rid of microsoft messenger to try Adium, you can have both installed at the same time, just give Adium a try, you might be surprised. If you decide Adium is not what you are looking for, just trash it.

Hey, have you considered using meebo? is web based, and lets you setup several IM clients at the same time, probably it helps . And according to the meebo page is available in Hebrew

http://wwwm.meebo.com/index-he.html

Enjoy, :) :apple:

15. Orly thread starter macrumors newbie

Orly

16. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

In the latest Adium for Tiger and Leopard you can, but not your own, like the owns in Msn messenger that people can make by them self...