Live multi cam editing output on big screen at event

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by steveOooo, Aug 13, 2011.

1. steveOooo, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011

steveOooo macrumors 6502a

http://www.muzu.tv/gb/openmic/shaleah-music-video/890667/

How could i film and edit (vision mixing) from two cameras - one on stage, one wide (locked off safety cam) so that the finished edited piece is on the big screen in the auditorium / venue?

I would be shooting with a Sony Z1 (on stage, close ups) and small consumer camera for the small cam. Probably would need some video wireless sending device / cables tapped down etc?

btw, i have a macbook pro

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

You'll need a mixer. I don't know right now if there is any software for the Mac to do that.
    Our setup: A bunch of Canon XL going into the mixer, the mixed signal goes out directly to the projector(s), an HDV deck is recording the program. No computer involved if we don't do a live stream to the web.

3. the vj macrumors 6502a

Ask to The VJ

You need a video switcher/ mixer to capture two cameras and choose on the fly witch take while capturing into a computer (mac Pro) to Final Cut Pro. That is how many TV shows are made on the fly.

4. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

You can use Wirecast. You could switch from multiple video sources and record to disk at the same time. But you are limited by the MacBook Pro only has one firewire connection.