Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pichr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2019
Hi everyone!

I'm currently using an iphone 13 on ios 15.5 and I have a bug related to live photos.

When I take a photo and the sky is involved sometimes it flashes for a frame I think. I know is related to exposure and how the iphone deals with it but I'm not sure if it's software or hardware problem.

Anyone experienced something like this?

Last edited:
Reactions: att1337

att1337

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2011
I am experiencing this same issue and have the same question about is this a hardware issue or not?
Hi everyone!

I'm currently using an iphone 13 on ios 15.5 and I have a bug related to live photos.

When I take a photo and the sky is involved sometimes it flashes for a frame I think. I know is related to exposure and how the iphone deals with it but I'm not sure if it's software or hardware problem.

Anyone experienced something like this?

View attachment 2017362

Osbournex

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2022
Hello, me too! I have iPhone 13 pro and iOS 15.5 I notice when make photos ultra wide lens to sun or clouds… is there a solution? It’s software or hardware? It’s very annoying

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
I have been experiencing this Live Photo issue since I first noticed it in late May. It seems likely it's related to the HDR feature, but there's no longer a setting for that so I can't test.

I'm using iPhone 13 Pro on iOS 15.5.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
I hoped – in vain, I suppose – that the iOS 15.6 update would have retrospectively repaired affected photos and video (thinking if the flashing was due to part of the computational part of the image recording process, it could maybe be corrected after the fact), but now I've updated I can see the problem remains with existing affected Photos content.

Tried to see if the bug itself is fixed by taking a few new shots (with areas of bright sky, which is where the issue presents), and I didn't see it… but my testing was hardly exhaustive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.