Live photo help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Oct 1, 2016.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

Ha in come from an iPhone 6 Plus to an iPhone 7 plus, I now have Live Photos.

Can someone help though please. I've got a few that flicking through the thumbnails show people with eyes closed, but then holding down finger there is a perfect photo.

Is there a way to show the better photo on the thumbnail, and also if I do a share, it shares the one with eyes closed not the better one to other non live photo compatible iPhones.

Thanks

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

As far as setting a thumbnail from a better shot in the live photo. With the photos app this is not possible.

I usually get the best picture from the live photo on the computer. On the iPhone you can use something like the App Store app live extract to get a single picture from the live photo and save. There are other apps.

None of this functionality is built into the apple stock apps as far as I know

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Ah ok, how on the computer do you do it please?

I'll look on the App Store thanks, daft that can't by Apple in built though! You can with a burst photo..?..

4. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

That's not really something you're meant to be able to do. What you are calling a thumbnail isn't a thumbnail for a video, it's the photo. If you didn't have Live Photos switched on then that's all you would have captured.

5. noobinator macrumors 601

It's a photo taken the instant you pressed the shutter with a short video on both sides of it. You can use video/photo editing software to capture an image from the short videos but it's not possible with the photos app.

6. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeh but problem I have is when just looking through, not pressing on the photo, people's eyes are closed, ie the preceding it of the live photo.

Pressing shows it all and there's a perfect photo in there!

Sharing it sends the first frame/what you see scrolling through - and that's no good.

Why can't you choose a better still? Seems daft, eg burst photos you can

7. noobinator macrumors 601

So take burst photos instead of Live Photos. Or press the shutter when people have their eyes open.

8. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

If people's are eyes are closed it just means it's a bad photo. What's captured around it isn't a full photo file it's just a bit of video to accompany the image.
    If the still image is no good, delete it.
    It sounds like you don't really understand the concept of Live Photos and, like someone else mentioned, for what you want to do you'd be better of shooting burst photos.