Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icewolf247

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2015
i have a 6s plus and have been trying live photos and have noticed on every photo when I press to animate it has a blur at the beginning of the animation. The built in ones don't show this

Does anyone else have this? I find it really annoying :(

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
i have a 6s plus and have been trying live photos and have noticed on every photo when I press to animate it has a blur at the beginning of the animation. The built in ones don't show this

It blurs into the live photo...it's just a way of telling you that it's transitioning into the live photo.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011

Super annoying, makes them look like mistakes.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Its trying to mask the loading time.

It seems that each photo creates a .mov file so that blur is probably hiding where they go from the jpg to loading the .mov

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
It's a transition effect done by Apple since the photo itself is not the starting point of the video, the whole thing will just feel weird if there is no transition.

Reactions: Mr.C

icewolf247

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2015
Maybe they'll change the transition as it looks awful to me to do this and all the more jarring by the fact their supplied images don't do it.

auzzuro

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
how come the fighting fish live photo does not look blur when i force touch it instead of live photo we take look blur

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2013
how come the fighting fish live photo does not look blur when i force touch it instead of live photo we take look blur

Because the live photo of fish starts at the very beginning. Your photos are mid start and mid in. It's in between the animated photos.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

The new motion (fish and smoke) wallpapers aren't technically Live Photos. They were specifically designed to showcase 3D Touch. They are very different to an actual Live Photo. 1: They are high quality, 2: 60fps, 3: Play from begining to end while you're pressing in, and then play in revers back to the begining once you let go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.