Live photo initial blur

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icewolf247, Sep 28, 2015.

1. icewolf247 macrumors regular

i have a 6s plus and have been trying live photos and have noticed on every photo when I press to animate it has a blur at the beginning of the animation. The built in ones don't show this

Does anyone else have this? I find it really annoying :(

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

It blurs into the live photo...it's just a way of telling you that it's transitioning into the live photo.

3. kevroc macrumors 6502

Super annoying, makes them look like mistakes.

4. urkel macrumors 68030

Its trying to mask the loading time.

It seems that each photo creates a .mov file so that blur is probably hiding where they go from the jpg to loading the .mov

5. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

It's a transition effect done by Apple since the photo itself is not the starting point of the video, the whole thing will just feel weird if there is no transition.

6. icewolf247 thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe they'll change the transition as it looks awful to me to do this and all the more jarring by the fact their supplied images don't do it.

7. auzzuro macrumors regular

how come the fighting fish live photo does not look blur when i force touch it instead of live photo we take look blur

8. venividivigor macrumors 6502

Because the live photo of fish starts at the very beginning. Your photos are mid start and mid in. It's in between the animated photos.

9. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

The new motion (fish and smoke) wallpapers aren't technically Live Photos. They were specifically designed to showcase 3D Touch. They are very different to an actual Live Photo. 1: They are high quality, 2: 60fps, 3: Play from begining to end while you're pressing in, and then play in revers back to the begining once you let go.

10. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

I like it