Live photo on lock screen stops music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danneman, Oct 30, 2015.

1. danneman macrumors newbie

Have any of you run into the problem that if you play music via airplay (on a 6s) it stops when the screen goes dark? I found out what causes this annoying problem/bug.
    The reason why the music pauses is if you happen to have a live photo on you lock screen.
    An ordinary static wallpaper works just fine. I discussed this in thread last week but not a lot of you seem to have seen that.
    I think it's a rather serious bug (if it's a bug). Live photos was one of the big new features with the 6s so it's quiet lame if you can't listen to your Apple music and have a live photo on your lock screen. Don't you think???

2. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Haha that sucks.

I feel like Apple are getti super sloppy with their software updates these days. Don't get me started about iCloud music and iCloud photos...

3. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

I am pretty sure that this is not a bug and is on purpose. Live photos include audio and when you activate one of them it will play any audio that is captured when the images are taken.

4. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Except when used as wallpapers in which the Live Photos are then muted. Looks like a bug where the iPhone is detecting the muted audio (similar to the Facebook battery drain bug), thus stopping the users music.