Live Photos blurry iPhone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nolander07, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

I don't think this is normal, but the first few frames of all my Live Photos are blurry. I'm talking the first 1/2 second or so. I have tried with the phone completely still, moving the phone, objects completely still, objects moving fast, slow, etc. no matter what the first couple frames are blurry. I haven't compared this to another set of Live Photos, so I'm wondering if anyone else has the problem, or if it's normal. I am on 9.2 B4, but I'm pretty sure it did this on 9.1 and all the 9.2 betas as well.
    Thanks for any input.

2. goomba478 macrumors regular

Mine is like this too. I just assumed it was normal. My replays don't repeat either like I thought they would. I still love the feature but think it could be enhanced further.

3. Nolander07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

"Blurry" is kind of a generic term. Are they out of focus or something else? Are you in a low light situation? The motion part of Live Photos should not be out of focus. I took a Live Photo of a waterfall and the water droplets were in focus like the photo part and plainly visible.

5. Nolander07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The entire photo is out of focus (it appears) for the first 1/2 second or so. The rest is normally focused with proper lighting. I have taken Live Photos in different scenarios and the result is always the same- beginning is blurry, the middle and end are not.

6. runeapple, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015

runeapple macrumors 6502a

The photo is blurred out of view to bring up the video clip which is blurred in, this is probably what you're seeing.

It won't happen if you 3D Touch a photo in a grid view of photos - as here it blurs out the grid rather than the photo itself (which is in a peak view)

7. Nolander07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That makes sense. Thanks.
    I have also figured out that what I am seeing is normal (in a study of n=2). I saw someone else's Live Photos and they had the same effect.