Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
I am wondering if there is a solution yet to do something like Ustream or Justin.TV that is HTML5 or some iPad/iPhone friendly format - trying to get my website great for iPad usage.

whatsgooddan

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2009
NY, USA
can you just do an mp4, non-flash on a web server? i know mac will do it fine, and prob the portable apples too. not sure what will happen on windows. use h.264 and put your source videos through handbrake? or even better, do it without the handbrake gui. just shooting out ideas..

but don't expect that the video can't easily be copied and be ready for crazy amounts of bandwidth! stuff like this might work easily on a small local network, but for the internet? bust out that credit card, or just use a free video service.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Okay ... I'm able to do non live stuff easily enough - the problem gets into trying to live stream podcast episodes - JustinTV and UstreamTV don't seem to be up and running on HTML5 quite yet.

whatsgooddan

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2009
NY, USA
yes. i am not sure if there is, you know, a simple, free or open-source way to do this. a lot of the stuff out there is unique (somewhat) and requires many hours of work and maintenance.. nothing you can pick up on a forum

Illuminator

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
If you are broadcasting using Ustream, you can use their Ustream Producer and then embed the playback window on your web site. The embedded video broadcast will be viewable on the iDevices.

Since Ustream Producer is made by the same group that marks Wirecast, one might also be able to use Wirecast in much the same way, via Ustream.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.