Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liamdillon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
Manchester
Just a question I'm curious about... I currently navigate to the live streams I have access to through my cable subscription by going to each app individually (CNN, etc) or by using a Siri command, (i.e. "Watch CNN").

Does the new TV app consolidate available live streams into its UI?

It would be cool if it had a TV guide style UI of streams that you have access to, as well as all the other features of the app I've seen so far.

cdodge03

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2015
I was wondering the same thing. I thought that was what the TV app was supposed to be but I must have misunderstood.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
I know we can't live stream a cable signal through Apple TV but won't the new TV App allow direct access to those channels with apps that do include live streaming?

I'm actually hoping more channels release Apple TV apps with Live Streaming. That will definitely alleviate the need for Directv Now for me.

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I know we can't live stream a cable signal through Apple TV but won't the new TV App allow direct access to those channels with apps that do include live streaming?

I'm actually hoping more channels release Apple TV apps with Live Streaming. That will definitely alleviate the need for Directv Now for me.

Do you currently have cable? I ask this because you'll still need to verify your cable sub to access any live streams.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.