Live Type import to FCE

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by smogsy, Jul 6, 2010.

1. smogsy macrumors 6502a

im looked over the web & can not find a easy step process on how to get my livetype working in FCE.

i've made a short livetype project i've tried rendering the movie & importing into FCE & saving the Ipr file. i can import both successfully into FCE fine,

it allows me to scrub it & view is fine i can play it in the left browser fine but when i ask it play in the right video window it says unrendered?

could you please explain why?

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

Did you render it? By that I mean did you render it in FCE? ( Sequence->Render All -> Video )

Make sure your sequence settings match ( called project properties in Livetype )

3. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

It should come out as a .mov file when properly exported so that it is easy to use in final cut

4. smogsy thread starter macrumors 6502a

i knew i had to render it, i just wasnt sure how thankyou for clearing that up :)

5. huntercr macrumors 65816

Glad to hear that worked for you. If it keeps making you render it even with small changes, I would make certain your project settings are the same as the sequence settings. ( same screen resolution and frame rate )

I would also read the FCE manual. It has a ton of tutorials and information.
    ( It's under the Help Tab-> Final Cut Express User Manual )

6. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

also check out tutorials on youtube and lynda.com. I find them very helpful