Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewTeeVee reports on a new demo video from FlixWagon demonstrating live vidcasting from the iPhone with their native Flixwagon software.

Video Demo

It appears the app is presently running on a Jailbroken iPhone but there do appear to be plans for an SDK version. Personal videocasting has become a more popular trend over the past few years. More demo videos can be seen at http://www.flixwagon.com/iphone.

Article Link

smartdog126

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008

NewTeeVee reports on a new demo video from FlixWagon demonstrating live vidcasting from the iPhone with their native Flixwagon software.

Video Demo

It appears the app is presently running on a Jailbroken iPhone but there do appear to be plans for an SDK version. Personal videocasting is becoming a more popular trend over the past few years. More demo videos can be seen at http://www.flixwagon.com/iphone.

Article Link

so wait is this going to come out for the v2.0 firmware on the app store then?

mholczer

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2008
Looks faked

If the video shown on stream from the laptop was coming from the iPhone, how is it that we see the iPhone in the last few frames of it?

It might not be the iPhone in the last few frames, but we see a hand holding some device while the iPhone is pointed at the laptop, it might just be a lag in the streaming.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
We know the iPhone hardware can capture video. I'm sure that App Store video recorder apps are coming.

And I'll be glad to have one! Having a camcorder in your pocket in case something interesting happens is a whole lot better than having NO options, no matter what the battery use. (Which I don't see being a big problem: you're not spinning a platter anyway.)

I use my little still cam's poor-quality (YouTube-esque) video recording all the time. A short, low-quality video clip is better than none at all, when I see an unusual animal, or alien abduction, or whatever. But the iPhone could theoretically handle much better (and longer) video than my old camera can.

Video recording will be on my Home screen ASAP!

Rocketman

macrumors 603
I would like to see the software offer the option of either live at webcam resolution, or immediate store-forward at full resolution of the sensor. The recipient might have to wait a moment to start viewing, but an iPhone could capture and send an image resolution worth archiving and viewing on thick view stations.

At 8gb (+), there's plenty of local scratch space for cueing during the send.

Rocketman

Slidemonster

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2008
Cool idea but....

Love the idea of the new software... especially for business use.

Love the iphone but where is the removable/replaceable battery for the new Iphone Apple? :mad:

I know... purchase AppleCare on it...., but how long are you without a phone while you wait for battery replacement? :eek:

daveschroeder

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2003
Madison, WI
Love the idea of the new software... especially for business use.

Love the iphone but where is the removable/replaceable battery for the new Iphone Apple? :mad:

I know... purchase AppleCare on it...., but how long are you without a phone while you wait for battery replacement? :eek:

If you need a battery replacement, Apple provides you with an AppleCare Loaner iPhone of the same model. You swap your SIM, restore from last backup, and sync with iTunes, and the loaner phone will act and behave exactly as your own phone, until your phone is returned. (The iPhone has been out for almost a year, and it's stunning how many people keep talking about being "without" their phone...not to mention that, for most people and most usage, you'll probably have already bought a new phone by the time the battery is deteriorated enough to even warrant a new one.)

Slidemonster

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2008
If you need a battery replacement, Apple provides you with an AppleCare Loaner iPhone of the same model. You swap your SIM, restore from last backup, and sync with iTunes, and the loaner phone will act and behave exactly as your own phone, until your phone is returned. (The iPhone has been out for almost a year, and it's stunning how many people keep talking about being "without" their phone...not to mention that, for most people and most usage, you'll probably have already bought a new phone by the time the battery is deteriorated enough to even warrant a new one.)

Dave - Thanks for the information. I never knew they provided a loaner while a unit was being repaired... this is very helpful.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
If the video shown on stream from the laptop was coming from the iPhone, how is it that we see the iPhone in the last few frames of it?

It might not be the iPhone in the last few frames, but we see a hand holding some device while the iPhone is pointed at the laptop, it might just be a lag in the streaming.

I don't see how
"they have 2 phones!" = Fake Video :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.