Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BetaZehn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
Denmark
I come from an iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 yesterday so I was excited to try out live wallpapers.. but. aren't they supposed to move? The fish and smoke does not move. only at the preview screen.

I have reduced motion and battery saver turned off.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
I come from an iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 yesterday so I was excited to try out live wallpapers.. but. aren't they supposed to move? The fish and smoke does not move. only at the preview screen.

I have reduced motion and battery saver turned off.

only on the lockscreen and only when you press the screen - useless feature. anyone using it??

Reactions: M. Gustave

BetaZehn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
Denmark
Oh yeah i had to reboot to make it work on lock screen.
Too bad it's not working in home screen... useless indeed

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
It wouldnt work all the time, only when the screen is activated and showing the homescreen/lockscreen.

Guess how much it eats the battery to activate the lockscreen at first, then press and hold the the screen to get the 3Dtouch to work and showing the effect.

And if you dont like the live screen using the battery more, you dont have to use it either. It would be your own choice. You do know that you already have live wallpapers (those bubbles) but only those.

Last edited:
Reactions: M. Gustave

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
The Dynamic wallpaper is the one that moves without using 3D Touch. Those are those little bubbles.

The Live wallpapers only move using 3D Touch. You press down, you see the animation, and the animation goes in reverse as you release your finger. (Cool, but silly.) The live wallpapers move only on the lock screen and it's the fish and the smoke. And again, they DONT MOVE. Only when you press down on it to make it move. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The reason why the Live wallpapers aren't the same as the Dynamic wallpapers is because this is consistent with the Live Photos feature that Apple released last year.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Waste of an idea to be honest. Although making it move all the time will definitely drain battery faster and if you have your own live picture as the wallpaper then it may look dodgy depending on when and how the pictures was taken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.