Live wallpapers?

Discussion in 'UI Customization' started by Enmanuel, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Enmanuel macrumors regular

Enmanuel

Are we stuck with just the stock iPhone 6S live wallpapers and live photos we take on our own or is there a way to make your own? if there's a head already on this i failed to find it.

2. dsh3 macrumors 6502

dsh3

Nope, you're stuck with the default live wallpapers and whatever live photos you can come up with. Shame, really.

3. mjschabow macrumors 65816

If someone sends me a live photo can I use it on my lock screen the same way the stock ones do? Reason I ask is because if that's possible but I could see app developers making live photo apps.

4. n8cousins macrumors regular

n8cousins

Yeah, Im dying to know if it's possible to reverse engineer a Live Photo/Wallpaper. I read somewhere that they are made of JPG and MOV files. Eventually someone will write a script that can recompile JPG's and MOV's into a Live Photo or something like that.

I would love to make some from my own graphic animations or even a short movie clip (Scarlet Jo nakedly walking backwards in Under The Skin would make a great lock screen wallpaper).

5. mjschabow macrumors 65816

If someone wants to make a live photo and send it to me, I can test if I can use it on my lock screen.