LiveType issues on YouTube

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by aliciap1214, Jun 9, 2010.

1. aliciap1214 macrumors newbie

I could really use some help with this perplexing issue ...

I've been uploading videos to YouTube for some time now, and just in the last year, anything I upload that has LiveType animation in it, hangs up. The buffer will load just fine, but the LiveType titles stop and start, and stop and start. It is really quite aggravating. Has anyone had this issue? And if so, did you figure out a way around it? I really don't want to have to remove my LiveType intro from my vids, but will if necessary.

The program I'm using to create these videos is "FCE 4.0". For an example of my latest video that is having issues, go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yqTx54D6AY

As you'll see, once you get past the LiveType intro, the video plays fine. I can suggest to all my subscribers that they load the entire video before playing it, but they shouldn't have to do that.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Alicia

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

When I watch the .mp4 file (the one you uploaded and YouTube also offers in some variations of quality, which can be watched via ClickToFlash) I don't have any problems. I assume you also don't have any problems playing the actual file you use to upload.

The video embedded in Flash also doesn't show any problems, the loading of that video just sucks, maybe because there is more information (in bytes) in them than in the part of the video that follows.

3. xStep macrumors 68000

I don't see a problem with the actual introduction. All the frames played fine. On the other hand, it is slow to load and when I tried in it Fire Fox the player choked a lot.

4. mBox macrumors 68020

not sure if this will help but what about frame rate? Ive no clue what YouTube allows.

5. aliciap1214 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, xStep. The "choked a lot" issue you saw is exactly what I'm talking about. It only does that during the LiveType portion of the video. So, naturally, I'm thinking that's the issue (LiveType), and would like to know if maybe I need to load perhaps a two or three second black screen prior to the Intro? Would that help YouTube's processor? Which leads me to a thought I had last night ... I noticed that immediately after uploading my video plays fine on YouTube until the processing is completed. Which leads me to believe YouTube is doing something to finalized the video.

6. aliciap1214 thread starter macrumors newbie

mBox, I set the frame rate to 24 frames per second. But that is something I could check ... maybe the LiveType intro is at a different frame rate than the rest of the video. Thanks.

7. xStep macrumors 68000

I let the whole video load in FF and it plays just fine. So I'm going to blame the player not acting well when the load is occurring. If right, I don't know what you can do to fix that.

8. aliciap1214 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have to agree with you. I double-checked my frame rate last night, and they are all the same; so it can't be that. I'm beginning to think the player doesn't handle animation well, at all.

Do you know of any other video streaming sites I can post to? I'm getting really tired of YouTube's lack of care for it's users.