Livid About Nike Plus

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tuneman07, Dec 26, 2008.

1. tuneman07 macrumors regular

I am absolutely furious at Apple right now. I was already mad that Nike Plus only worked with Nano, but after now finding out that Nike Plus works with the new touch only I am livid.

There is one reason for this- greed on Apple's part. I already bought a Ipod touch that works fine- as it damn well should for 300 bucks. Now I can only use Nike Plus if I buy another Ipod touch when I have a perfectly good one already. Don't tell me you can't make an attachment that works with the 1st gen touch that is absurd. Greedy ass Apple pieces of S--- corporate bastards F you Apple is all I have to say. Welcome to fascism courtesy of Apple--- the "friendly happy hippie wannabee bastard company"

2. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

Your iPod Touch still does exactly the same things it did the day you bought it. Quit your bitching.

3. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

If it makes you feel any better, Apple hates you, too.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

exactly. Did they tell you they would support nike+ on the first gen? No? Then you got what you paid for, and what you expected. So they didn't add more features later (oh wait, yes they did, just not exactly the one you wanted), boo hoo. Welcome to the wonderful world of technology.

5. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

guys you're being too hard on the OP. I understand perfectly where he/she is coming from. Forget you're an apple fan for one minute and understand something. Apple can make an attachment for the first generation ipod. They can charge for it and I'm sure the OP will pay for the functionality. However, apple wants you to buy the new one rather than continue using your perfectly good gen 1 ipod touch. 10% if you trade it in right? ha!

Oh well.

6. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

well no i think there is actually something different in the dock connecter of the nano then the others. and actually if its w/ in 6 months 90% trade in (if you call they only charge 10% restock fee)

7. tuneman07 thread starter macrumors regular

God some of you guys are honestly zombie-like. You honestly don't have a problem with this? The only reason they aren't putting nike plus on 1st gen is so people will want to buy the 2nd gen- this is wrong and yea they can do whatever they want but wake up already. I love my Macbook, I love my Ipod touch but this type of cripple old tech that is perfectly good is total B.S. I am supposed to buy a new Ipod every year? The damn thing works perfect!

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Magical. Name me one piece of technology that is forward compatible. This is like getting mad at your car's Stereo-8 player for not accepting CDs.

9. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I actually agree with you, though I do think your first post is unnecessarily rant-like. ;)

It doesn't make sense, the way Apple's done this. It's true, as one poster has pointed out, that you knew Nike+ wouldn't work on your Touch when you bought it. But that's beside the point, when they now include functionality on the new Touch. I've been considering starting to use the Nike+, and I have both a Nano and a 1st generation Touch. It would be nice to be able to choose which device to use it on.

10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

OK, but wouldn't you still have the issue if you had decided to buy the Nike thing before the 2nd gen came out? It only worked on the Nano before. Then what would you be thinking?

I guess from the product usefulness point i can see not having a 1st gen Touch version. Does it make sense - from teh product inventory side, yes, from the customer side, no.

11. NightGeometry macrumors regular

If you think that's bad get this - I got a gen 3 iPod, 40gb/ And a few years later they go and put a phone in an iPod, and expect me to go out and buy one, greedy a*s b*st'ds.

You never get this kind of treatment with televisions, my old 29" CRT TV got up dated to lcd for nothing. Oh wait, no it didn't.

Sorry for the sarcasm, been ill, and it at least cheered me up. Welcome to the wonderful world of progress.

12. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

sell your touch and get a zune. Oh wait..... it won't work with nike plus either!!

Seriously, sell your touch and buy a new one. You might be out about $50 tops. There are such whiners around here. grow up. Everyone thinks that companies are just out to screw their customers. That makes good business sense.

13. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I completely disagree with the original post.
    You don't wear workboots while working out and you wouldn't were running shoes on a construction site. Both fall under tha catergory of footwear but they have their specialized usage. Just like ipods.

14. beg_ne macrumors 6502

Nope, no need for them to do that, they've already discontinued the 1st gen, you can't buy anything other than the 2nd gen (unless some shop still has old stock).

There is little reason for Apple to create an add-on now since there was only one generation of the Touch(which had a very short life as well), so producing a Nike+ hardware add-on would be serving a very small niche and not worth the development and marking time and expense.

Also there is nothing "crippled" about your iPod, it's not like features were retroactively removed when the 2nd gen came out, it still works the same as when you bought it so really you have nothing to complain about.

If the product advertised didn't meet your needs you shouldn't have bought it.

15. tuneman07 thread starter macrumors regular

wow, just wow. All I can really say lol. I guess I know what people are talking about now when they talk about apple fanboys.

You guys are truly sad and pathetic. If Steve Jobs puts a self destruct timer on a computer you guys would honestly say "oh that makes good business sense and now he can sell more computers"

Last time I complain here about Apple in any way I suppose.

16. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Exactly. The product, as advertised when you bought it - did not suit your needs. It was not a feature offered at that time....

I'm not yelling and screaming at Honda about my Van not having an iPod plug in, or a better backup camera, or __________ . But all the newer models than mine have it - does Honda owe me that to offer a add on for it?

Nope.

What is different about this case? I mean, i have an expensive van - i guess honda wants more money from me 'eh?

17. tuneman07 thread starter macrumors regular

its not the point that it didn't do it when I bought it. Your car analogies are pretty off. This is like someone telling you you can't put a backup camera in your car you have to buy an entirely new car when its perfectly possible to easily put a backup camera in.

Or the 8 track analogy- this is like someone telling you you cant put a cd player in your car unless you buy a whole new car.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Why is apple going to make a device for a product they dont make anymore?

That makes absolutely no business sense.

19. iOrlando macrumors 68000

did the original poster ever actually look into nike plus? you would then have known which ipods work with it...and it is extremely hard to work out (running) with an ipod touch....so i am shocked that even the new ipod touch would work.

the nike plus and nano fit well together...

20. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

don't bother trying to justify your opinion with these apple acolytes. Steve Job can do no wrong in their eyes. I love my ipod touch gen 1, even one year later and I am satisfied with it. There is a reason I haven't switched.

That is, if you are offering a mike input, make it built it, why do I have to buy extra accessories ($100) headphones to use the feature. Its plain greedy. Most mp3 players have a built in Mike. Of course the apple addicts will say "Oh behave, if you wanted mike input built in you would buy a device that offers it blah blah"

Of course since there is no outcry, Steve will continue doing this nonsense. The sheep will simply bleat out any discontent.

21. iOrlando macrumors 68000

just because something might make sense to you, chances are 80% of people wouldnt see a need for that...like why would i need a mic for an ipod touch? to use it on aim? im sure there are a few applications that a mic is needed, but for 80% of people theres no need for it..and unlike other products..apple doesnt just put in stuff to say they have it...

22. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Very much NOT true here. If you could track the feedback i've sent Apple in the last few months you could see it for yourself.

But in this case, the Nike thing was out before the touch, it didn't work with the touch when the touch came out. Obviously, people wanted the feature - requested possibly via feedback, and now it's included on the newer version.

For me, i'd really prefer Apple Computer to be the company, not the current state. But in this case, i don't get the OP's issue..... it makes no business sense for Apple to create a product for a unit that is discontinued.

Anyway, if the OP hates the thing so bad - he can send it this way, i promise to love it! :cool:

23. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Puck mouse, G4 Cube, MacBook Air bezel is too big for my liking, I don't like the fact that they're dropping FireWire 400, lack of matte displays, lack of simple features in iPhone, Apple TV needs 1080p support, Mac Mini needs decent hardware. There.

Now, I assume from you taking his side that you would go to a microwave forum and complain that the model released after yours has a "sensor reheat" function and you don't see why you shouldn't get this feature.

It's called business. Features are added so that people will upgrade. If everything was given to everyone, there would be no reason to upgrade; you would just buy your first product and keep it until the end of time.

I guess the OP will be making a thread on lack of PowerPC support when Snow Leopard comes out.

24. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

actually, there spot on. can u go to honda and ask them to put the camera in? no they dont but 3rd party places do. if you REALLY wanted u can get the chip added to ur ipod by third party. but will the software recognize it? if you got a camera installed, will the nav system now recognize it cuz its there? no. u need 2 buy a new 1

ok i actually dont think most have mics. and yes you are satisfied and thats why u didnt switch. the op obviously isnt anymore and thats y he posted this. he was untill the new one does something the old doesn't. so thats why HE should get a new one if he wants this not YOU who are still happy even though the new one has more features.

25. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I am absolutely livid that you broke your promise to us that it was the last time you'd complain about Apple.