Living without a cover

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by K3it4r0, Jul 9, 2012.

1. K3it4r0 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have an iPhone 4 that I love, and I actually really love the design, but I'm not satisfied with the covers that I tried.
    There is someone who tried to use the phone without a cover? Only using screen/back protector(or a full body protector)?
    I don't want to ruin the phone, I usually put it in the pocket, bags or whatever, and i'm quite scared that some films would not be enough to protect it.
    In alternative I saw the slice 3 case that seems quite nice, there is something more thin?

2. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Going caseless is pretty common. I'm only using a front and back protector right now and I love it. As long as you're careful with it, it will be fine.

I find myself constantly changing cases, and I get bored of them quick, but caseless is always refreshing. Makes me appreciate the design more.

3. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

It really depends. Every time you drop your phone, and it doesn't matter from how high you drop it, it's really the luck of the draw whether something breaks. No matter what kind of case you have, it's not going to change that. But when it will help is when you drop it, something doesn't break, and it will prevent scratches or dings.

In which case you just replace the case without having a dented/scratched phone. Kind of like bumpers on a car you know, you replace the bumpers so you don't have to redo the whole body work.

4. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

After buying numerous cases this is what I'm doing now too... Too nice of a phone to keep in a case all day. Hopefully Apple makes the back of the iPhone 5 more like what we're seeing in the "leaks". Hadn't used a case with any phone ever before the 4/4S.

5. efib macrumors member

I used to pay a lot for cases to protect the iphone and also to be pretty but I did't like the feeling and now I only have screen protector and for the back cover too and some lucky labs for the stainless band (if you buy sgp screen protectors it includes silicon stickers for the band if you don't want to buy lucky lab) and it's perfect no scratches at all..but i have to mention that I always put it in my pocket with no keys or coins