LivingRoom v1.2 has been released!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by maronoff, Aug 30, 2010.

1. maronoff macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I wanted to let you all know that LivingRoom for iPad version 1.2 has just been released to the App Store! LivingRoom is my floor plan & interior design app -- you can create floor plans, lay out furniture, and apply materials to everything in your rooms. There's a large library of built-in objects and textures, you can keep notes for each project, even add custom textures from your photo library!

Version 1.2 brings with it the two features that have been most requested by users: full-room duplication and redesigned, easier-to-use resizing controls. Now you can copy a completed room and create a new variation on the design in seconds. I really hope you'll all check it out!

Here's LivingRoom's App Store page:
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/livingro...360858983?mt=8

Here's an HD demo video (of version 1.1, but still... :)):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lCZ2ZmUW2E&hd=1

And here is the main website:
    http://littlepeople.net/~maronoff/livingroom

Version 1.2 is available right now for $4.99 (or equivalent local pricing). Thanks for reading this far, now go get to designing!

2. maronoff thread starter macrumors newbie

3. maronoff thread starter macrumors newbie

More codes added to the promo thread; happy Labor Day weekend! :)

4. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

Crud, I down loaded it thinking I could use the promo code and it looks like I'm going to be charged for the app. Code - MT4KM4EW46RE

5. maronoff thread starter macrumors newbie

That DEFINITELY shouldn't be the case -- those codes are brand new, and there's no way they'll charge you for redeeming a promo code. I'm really not sure what makes you think you'll be charged, but I'm pretty sure they'd refund you if you really didn't mean to purchase the app.

6. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

I didn't have an opportunity to redeem the code, it went right to the download and yes I was charges a total of $5.30 via my PayPal account. I notified the App store of the mistake. It's not that I don't want to give your app a try, it's that I most likely would not have purchased it. Anyway, I'm awaiting Apple to reply to my request. I also tried to stop the transaction via Paypal and they wouldn't let me do that since the charge was pending.

7. maronoff thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhhh... If I understand what you did correctly, then yeah, that's just a usability problem with the way promo codes work in the App Store -- you have to redeem the code from the main page, which starts the download, rather than providing the code once you've made the purchase. That's a bummer, to be sure, and hopefully they'll get back to you quickly about a refund.

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

My daughter would love this... I've put it on the wish list, I keep missing the promos!

9. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

Still waiting for the App store to decide. I told them about the mistake, and that I would delete the app, so hopefully they will refund my $.