Lizone Ultra Slim chargers

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Lastic, May 27, 2017.

1. Lastic macrumors 6502

I received my Kickstarter sponsored OmniCharge powerbank this week and was browsing around to find a Lenovo charger tip for my X220 when I stumbled upon this :

https://www.amazon.com/Lizone-Think...pons&keywords=lenovo+ultra+slim+charger&psc=1

There is a white Macbook version and a black Lenovo version but it's basically the same adapter since the charger cable part is interchangeable .

https://www.amazon.com/Lizone-MacBo...id=1495870805&sr=8-1&keywords=lizone+dc+cable

https://www.amazon.com/Lizone-MacBo...id=1495870805&sr=8-3&keywords=lizone+dc+cable

And more important in the upcoming challenge THIS cable :

https://www.amazon.com/Lizone-Power...8&qid=1495870883&sr=8-2&keywords=lizone+ibook

Most of these items are also on amazon.co.uk and amazon.de

I've ordered it and plus to use it with my 2012 rMBp , Powerbook G4 12", iBook G4 12", Lenovo Thinkpad X220 ,will post some updates once the items arrived and are used

2. Lastic thread starter macrumors 6502

Everything finally arrived.

Here is the charger , mine is black because I bought the one with the Lenovo cable but the model with the Power/Macbook cable is white. It has an USB fast charging port and (not so clear on the picture) in the middle the port for the charging cable.

Left Thinkpad X220 charger, Middle Lizone, Right Powerbook charger

IMG_3137.JPG

And here are the charging cables, the black Lenovo and convertor came with the charger, the MagSafe and Powerbook ones were bought separately .

The cables are of a good quality and housing and very long, the charger itself also has a pretty long seperate power cable.

IMG_3138.JPG

3. flyrod macrumors 6502

flyrod

4. Lastic thread starter macrumors 6502

It works, have tried charging my Thinkpad with it and am currently charging my Macbook with it whilst typing this.

BUT I will have to return it because the charging LED quit working after 20 minutes which is annoying when charging the Powerbook since the cable doesn't have LED/charging light indicator .

I've sent Lizone a mail about , will see how this plays out.

5. the_jay_dawg macrumors newbie

the_jay_dawg

I'm mostly curious about the omnicharge you got. I was thinking about getting one myself, but doing some math, I don't think it would be able to get a full charge out of it... Can you get your MBP fully charged with the omnicharge?

6. Lastic thread starter macrumors 6502

Will give that a try, MBp is at 59% now so I'll drain it ,charge the Omnicharge to 100% and see if it can fully charge the MBp.

7. Lastic thread starter macrumors 6502

MBp was at 15% so wouldn't boot without a charger.
    Connected the fully charged Omnicharge Pro ,using Wifi ,medium brightness , OS X says it takes 2h43min to fully charge,
    OmniCharge Pro says 0:34 minutes.

Will leave it now to charge, whilst occasionally browsing in Safari with 4 tabs.

8. Lastic thread starter macrumors 6502

So after about 45 minutes the Omnicharge Pro is at 1% and stopped and the MBp is at 61% charge.

This was done with Omnicharge Pro 100% charged , MBp charger in the DC output and then connected the MagSafe of the MBp charger to the MBp.

9. the_jay_dawg macrumors newbie

the_jay_dawg

Thanks for the info! I think I'll wait a little longer and wait for something with USB-C :)