Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
I just got my new iMac and want to pair my MX5500 to it. The mouse and keyboard pair just fine, but I want to be able to use all the buttons on the mouse.

When I click on the LCC, it says "No Logitech Devices Found".

How do I get LCC to recognize the BT connected devices.

I know I could use Steermouse, and I have used it on my MBP, but thought I would give the LCC a shot.

Any help would be appreciated.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
As good as Logitech products are, they are notoriously PC-centric (understandable to a degree), but there's a whole other group of users they could pick up if they would just *support* Mac users.

A lot of their stuff can work in OS X without much trouble, but LCC is well-known for not supporting many of their products. You want a mouse to have it's full capability in OS X, you're gonna need something like Steermouse.

I went through so much hassle with LCC that I just bought Steermouse and was done with it. I won't bother trying their unsupported/crippled LCC anymore.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Did you have Steermouse or any other 3rd party mouse software installed prior to installing LCC? If so, make sure you totally uninstall anything to do with it - don't just drag it to the trash and empty the trash - search for anything with with "Steermouse" in it and trash it. Until I did that, LCC wouldn't see my mouse and keyboard...after I trashed all things related to Steermouse and rebooted LCC found everything with no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.