iPhone Loaded ios7, now no wifi

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Kay Clark, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Kay Clark macrumors newbie

I have just end loaded ios7 onto my iPhone 4S and now I do not get a wifi signal. In wifi settings, the on/off button is grey and will not change.

Apple care referred me to my local apple shop and a total reload of the software was recommended . It soon became obvious from the discussion we had with the assistant that we weren't the first people with this problem.

The reload of ios7 did not cure the problem, we still have no wifi signal.
    We have spoken with Apple after service again who say that it must be the phone itself which is faulty and because it is out of the warranty period have suggested they can sell us an exchange 4s with 90 day guarantee for £160.

Sounds like quite an expensive down load from Apple!!

As anyone else had this problem?

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I don't remember if a resolution was ever found or posted but someone a few days ago posted the same exact issue. So it has been posted on here before and you are not the only one to have experienced this anomaly. Sorry I could not offer a better help. The only thing I can think is maybe the wrong firmware might have gotten loaded during the upgrade or (and it would be purely coincidental) but the wifi went south and this has brought the issue to light at pretty much the same time.

You could try a reset all system settings and see if that resolves it, it did not work in the other thread but won't hurt you to try it either way.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Known problem with iPhone 4S and iOS7, but I have not read of a fix.

Did you do a clean restore, set up as new, no restore to backup and check it ?

4. Kay Clark thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes have tried complete new reload of ios7. It took about 1 1/2 hrs but ended up with exactly the same problem!

Kay.

5. Altis macrumors 68000

Only thing I can think of to try is a "Reset All Settings" under General. (And just for good measure, a "Reset Network Settings")

It helped with many issues for me, although that was not one of them.

I lost my Bluetooth on my 3GS when upgrading up iOS 5.

Even my 4S struggles with Bluetooth, although usually through Control Center only. It will refuse to toggle, but when I go in Settings, it works there. Else a reboot fixes it.

Good luck, I sure hope you don't have to pay that much to replace a perfectly good device on account of a poor update. :(