Loading a list of coordinates into MKMap View

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by carlosbutler, Nov 17, 2010.

1. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

I was hoping someone could give some advice as to how to load a number of coordinates in to the map view, from a sqllite file.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

First, you should read the Location Awareness Programming Guide and get familiar with the terminology. When you say "load a number of coordinates" that is quite vague and do not really explain what you're trying to do within the capabilities of MKMapView. I'm guessing what you really mean is "adding a number of annotations" to the map view.

Second, you will want to break your task down into smaller, simpler tasks. Code and understand how to read from SQLite. Then add on the ability for it to be coordinates that you are loading. Separately, create a map view app. Then have it display some annotations. Once you understand all this and have it working, begin putting together the simpler pieces into a single, more complex solution. Hope that helps.

3. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

Yeah - just re-read my post. Vague not giving any info... Sorry

I do not have an issue with adding annotations, or get current locations, directions etc.

I am not able to (or do not know how to) get the info from the database which contains lat and long coordinates in to the map. Although thanks for the link, never seen that before :)