loading cds

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by justcallmejoe, Jun 23, 2007.

1. justcallmejoe macrumors newbie

hello...

i just bought a new cd for myself today, it's one that is 2 disks. anyways i want to upload them to my mac, but am having some difficulties. the first cd was no problem, showed up on the screen in itunes no problm, and thn again uploaded with no problem. th second cd however isn't even being read. i put it into the drive, and then it makes some noise, like it's trying to be read, and then it just gets ejected. i was wondering if there is something i could do to make it work?!?

i have also had some issues in uploading a couple other cds, but they hav always been read by my computer, they just wouldn't upload. i figured this was simly due to copyright protection on some disks. is this true?

any insight would be greatlty appreciated!!!

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Slot-loading drives can be picky about discs...the slightest imperfection in the disc can prevent it from being read. When I ripped my CD collection, I'd say about 1-2% of them behaved as you describe. I was able to rip them using an older iBook with a tray-loading drive. So you if you access to another machine somewhere with a tray-loading drive, give that a shot.

3. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

I doubt this is the issue, they are created to be used. There could be problems with the disks. If this is happening with almost all of your disks though, it could be a problem with the drive. If it is old (especially in a laptop) I would bring it into the Apple Store and have them take a look at it. They might be able to tell you if it is the drive that is failing.