Loading game on external monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SGen, Nov 21, 2009.

1. SGen macrumors newbie

I have my MBP connected to my 24" monitor in extended desktop mode. I have the menu bar and dock set on the monitor.

I want to play "The Movies" game on the monitor but it loads up on the MBP screen.

Does anyone know how i can get the game to load on the monitor.

Thanks

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

if your playing through quicktime then you need to goto preferences and full screen to pick which screen you want it to play on,

for VLC i think it's the same,

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

S/he talks about a game called "The Movies" not an actual movie, so VLC and QT Player shan't help.

What about the preferences you can set in the game? Does it somewhere allo you to set monitors?

4. SGen thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope.

The only options available are:

- Graphic Detail
    - Screen Size
    - Colour Depth

I have tried setting the screen size to 1920 x 1200 (the resolution of the monitor) but it just changes it on the laptop so i end up with this:

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Ian

5. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

ha! found it, goto your display preferences and set the larger screen for " screen mirroring " your desktop will be shown as the main window on both screens and display preferences will allow you to sort the resolution out on the larger screen as per the size you want,

6. SGen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Bennieboy©.

I had to put it in 'mirrored display' mode then back into 'extended desktop' to get it to work. Its working fine at 1920 x 1200 on the monitor now.

:)