Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MesocycloneF5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
After putting in my login password, the loading bar almost made it to the end before stopping. At one point, the bar and Apple logo vanished but returned after a few minutes. The bar made no progress.

This issue just started today.

2011 MBP 17" current/updated OS
750gig HD
8gig RAM

Attachments

• IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 117

xb2003

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2016
MO
I had a 2011 that would do this about every other boot attempt when the dGPU failed. Are there any other signs of that?

A little more information might be nice. Did this just suddenly happen? Have you seen any graphical artifacts? Has the machine run hotter than usual?

MesocycloneF5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
I had a 2011 that would do this about every other boot attempt when the dGPU failed. Are there any other signs of that?

A little more information might be nice. Did this just suddenly happen? Have you seen any graphical artifacts? Has the machine run hotter than usual?

Yes, it just started today. I've not noticed any graphical issues at all and haven't felt unusual heat. I did make it work hard, graphically, for a few years up till 2013 when i upgraded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.