Loading PDF onto phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pavid, Aug 5, 2008.

1. pavid macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Just wandering if there was anyway of loading a big pdf (30mb) onto the iphone? i tried emailing it to myself, but never got there...

im going away and would like to read this without my computer...

any help would be appreciated!

cheers

Dave

2. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

Unless your iphone is jailbroken there's no way but to email it to yourself.

Perhaps in OS X you can try to open and Save as PDF again but lowering the quality. I'm not behind a mac right now but so I don't know the exact steps.

If you're using Windows, you should install freeware CutePDF. Open the PDF and go to Print. Select CutePDF as your printer and go into the advaced settings. There you can change the dpi to lower a lower dpi for a lower quality file.

This should bring the filesize down so you can email it to yourself.

3. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

There is this awesome app called FileMagnet, which lets you upload files from your mac to your iPhone as a storage device through wifi. It lets you put any type of file and then if you need to you can view those files right on your phone! You can upload huge files like your pdf and view them on your iPhone.
    App costs $4.99, but definitley worth it, make sure you have a wifi connection and a mac computer.

4. 848 macrumors newbie

Have a look at the application FileMagnet, you can put your PDFs on that. I've been using it and thinks it's great.

cheers

5. honeytoast macrumors regular

File Magnet from the app store works great for loading documents to the iphone to view later.

edit: 848 beat me to it

6. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the this! Looks very promising!

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Which iPhone are you guys using? My 3G iPhone and v1 iPhone continue to open PDF's in my emails, and I've been doing it for quite awhile. I send the PDF as an email attachment on my MBP and Mac Pro 3.0 without a glitch. You don't need no "stinkin" app for that procedure... LOL :eek:

8. stupendusboi macrumors member

Just convert the PDF to a JPEG. Search on google for free websites that do that. I had a project with a powerpoint a year ago, and i converted the powerpoint into a series of JPEG's and it was just fine.

9. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

the OP has a 30MB PDF file in which he was unable to send to view in mail because of the size. Hence he was asking for other alternatives.

10. stanleywinthrop macrumors member

folks sorry to bust in here, but to you filemagnet users, why in the world has no one developed the equivalent for windows? I'd gladly pay $5.99 or whatever for that app. Seems that there at least be as a big market for that app as filemagnet/mac.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

OK, size makes a difference! I've heard WildEyes is releasing an app, but I haven't seen it or used it at this time. :(

12. musio macrumors 68020

musio

http://www.veiosoft.com/

Datacase will be out maybe next week! Email to be put on the mailinglist.. This app looks amazing from the video!

Until then the free solution is email them to yourself and if you want to organise them, put them in a folder so all your pdf's are grouped. - you can only view pdfs in email.

13. dmize macrumors newbie

I agree completely.