Loading Times on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ipaine, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ipaine macrumors member

I adore my new Apple Watch. There's just one thing irking me, and that's the time it takes to load certain information on glances. I'm actually finding that it's quicker to either check the full app on Apple Watch or just look for the information on my phone. Glances should be... glances.

Do you think this will be fixed with a software update? I suppose we have WWDC coming up - reckon there will be any Apple Watch related activity there?

2. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

I have not had this problem. Maybe your network needs help.

3. mr.anthonyramos macrumors regular

mr.anthonyramos

With the watch being so new, you will definitely see some software updates that will show speed and performance improvements in the near future. Not sure if anything will be mentioned during WWDC though.

4. ipaine thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. I'm in a new build flat in London and our internet is only 10mps. Perhaps you're right there as it worked fairly quickly when I was out and about on 4G.

5. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

A couple of the apps I have are a bit slow on glances, particularly Dark Sky and UK Bus checker. The apple ones are all fairly fast. I'm not noticing the lag that some reviewers mentioned on raising your wrist.

----------

My 4G is usually waaaay faster than my home internet.

6. ipaine thread starter macrumors member

Agreed with the wrist raising lag. Mine responds pretty much instantly - and I haven't had to do these exaggerated wrist movements that some of the reviews spoke about. Relieved.

7. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

I've had a couple of moments where my wrist raise didn't match the watch's definition, but it was fairly obvious why the watch didn't detect it.

8. ipaine thread starter macrumors member

The one thing that annoys me slightly is that the screen sometimes turns off whilst I'm waiting for information to load.

9. hingus2000 macrumors newbie

Me too. I find the screen goes to sleep a little too quickly in general. I wish you could alter the time period.

10. ipaine thread starter macrumors member

The great thing is that this can easily be fixed with a software update.