Loading web site no pics just ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Not so Sharp, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Not so Sharp macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. This is my 1st post and my 1st iMac. I really like it I just wish I could use it to its fullest capabilities. I recently upgraded to Tiger 10.4.11 from what came on it in April, before the upgrade I had no problems with pics on the internet now I get a lot of blue boxes with a ? inside. I hope this is an easy fix. I did a search but found too much to sort through.

Thanks

2. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

What browser are you using? If it's Safari, I would make sure you run software update...

Search the forums for similar problems before you do anything, I haven't heard of this problem, but I could imagine other people having the same issue.

Other than that, you might want to consider reinstalling Safari.

3. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Try downloading and using Camino or Firefox or a similar browser. If that fails, try to update Flash player to display the images properly. My iPod touch can't display the smileys on MR and similar forums, and it can't use Flash, so that may be your problem. Good luck!

4. Not so Sharp thread starter macrumors newbie

I wasn't having any problems before the apple store updated to 10.4.11. I was thinking of just using the reinstall disk and taking the operating system to what it was in april 2007 when I bought it. How do I reinstall Safari?

Thanks

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Half of your idea is good, the other half is not. Yes you should reinstall the OS but you should perform the software updates, this is not a known issue so something just went wrong after the update. If you don't update to the latest software you will be forced to after a while, some things won't work well.

6. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

I'd search around for a better answer before uninstalling, but if it does come to the point where you want to give it a shot, drag the icon from applications into the trash, then re-download it here. http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

7. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Seriously though, Firefox and Camino ROCK, so even if re-downloading it works, try one of them. Believe it or not, I used to be a Mozilla-basher. When I used IE 6.

8. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

I used to be a Firefox user until I realized how amazing Safari 3 is...

9. Not so Sharp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I downloaded Firefox and it is working, no more blue boxes. But I still want to fix the problem with Safari and get my speed back (well, as fast as dial up gets). I spent a lot of money so I wouldn't have to download an extra browser. I like how Safari operates. Tomorrow I am taking it back to the apple store, I hope they can help me fix this. Working on my Mac is a lot more enjoyable then a PC, at least it was 3 days ago. Thanks again.

10. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Yeah.... Show me how awesome it is, please, I've always wanted to use Safari, but it's a bit slow for me.

11. Frisco macrumors 68020

Did you ever get the problem resolved?

12. Not so Sharp thread starter macrumors newbie

No not really. Now I load the sites I can't see with firefox. The people at the apple store had no problems loading the same sites with safari so I'm thinking the updates did not work well with my internet service provider. But I'm probably wrong about that too.

13. Frisco macrumors 68020

Sorry to hear that. It may be a DNS Server issue. See Post #9 in this thread.

14. surfer99 macrumors 6502

I get the same problem from time to time. Cant figure out why it happens and it never happens consistently. Sometimes websites I visit all the time will all the sudden show blue questions marks where pictures should be. I just learned to live with it though because it happens so infrequently. just want to let you know your not alone.