Loading xib depending on orientation of device whilelaunching the appliction

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by sagarshivam, Mar 27, 2012.

1. sagarshivam, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012

sagarshivam macrumors member

Dear All

I have created login screen using IB. And in add-info.plist , in type: "main nib base file name", I have written name of the xib which I created using IB.

Now in application delegate's didFinishLaunchingWithOptions method, I am simply writing
    Code:
    [window makeKeyAndVisible];
    return YES
    This way, the login view (login xib)is loaded as soon as I start the application.But my problem is that this is always launched in portrait mode and there is no rotation when simulator/iPad is rotated.

My query is that If I make two xib: one for portrait mode and other for landscape mode, how is it possible to load the one depending on the device orientation.

Also, when I open the xib in IB, in attribute inspector, orientation of xib is always seen in default portrait (in orientation field) and I am unable to change it as it is disabled.

Any idea is appreciated.
    Regards

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Err, if you use the standard code, it should rotate by itself.

Code:
    - (BOOL)shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation:(UIInterfaceOrientation)interfaceOrientation
    {
        // Return YES for supported orientations
    	return UIInterfaceOrientationIsLandscape(interfaceOrientation);
    }
    But i'm not 100% sure how to tackle what you want, i know there is a delegate method like, "willrotate" or something, where you can load the stuff you want depending on orientation, but i would not do that. Just create your own methods, and place the stuff where you need it when the rotate will hapen