Loads of 1600 & 2001's using RedSn0w

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tekilla, May 19, 2012.

1. tekilla macrumors member

Hey,

I'm trying to upgrade my already JB's 3GS from 4.3.1 to 5.0.1 using either Pwnage or RedSn0w.

Whenever I attempt a restore, iTunes gets as far as verifying then bombs out, usually with a 1600 error.

I had the Cydia servers in my hosts file, removed them, tried again then got a 2001 saying device wasn't eligible.

I've done all the usual checks/restarts etc, but a little frustrated. Any help appreciated :)

Thanks,
    JB

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Not sure what type computer you are using so I am saying this worked for me on my PC.

Make sure you are logged in as Admin and running in XP mode.

Make sure you have the most recent version of TinyUmbrella v5.11.00 loaded.
    Go to Advance tab and make sure that "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" & "Request SSH from Cydia" are UNCHECKED.

This "should" work...Good luck:)

3. tekilla thread starter macrumors member

4. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Do the same thing using the Mac version of TinyUmbrella.

Just do not have to worry about the xp mode.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

2001 is a itunes error, update to the latest itunes and make sure you are restoring in DFU or Pwned-DFU mode.

6. LandonDonovan macrumors regular

7. JZTech101 macrumors member

JZTech101

The errors your getting are the same ones I had. You can't just restore directly anymore (even with the hosts file) due to the new Apticket system. Try the tutorial below. If you get stuck on step 3, then you're going to need to do a fresh restore and a tethered jailbreak. (Tell me if you need help on that).
    1) Download the firmware http://www.getios.com/
    2) Put your device into regular DFU mode by Holding down the Power and Home buttons while the device is connected to power for 10 seconds, then let go of the Power Button and hold for about 10 seconds. The screen should be black. Leave it connected and move on to step 3 (If you accidentally end up in recovery mode, hold down the home and power buttons until the Apple logo shows up, No data is lost!)
    3) Stitch the SHSH blobs onto the firmware. Redsn0w (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ first post) will do this for you.
    4) Put your iDevice into Pwned DFU mode using redsn0w
    5) Use iTunes and Restore.

8. tekilla thread starter macrumors member

^ Thanks for the detailed reply, will attempt it this morning.
    If I build a custom restore in Pwnage, surely I can then restore it in iTunes, even after using RedSn0w to set it into DFU?

I've submitted my SHSH Blobs to the Cydia server, although when you then run the 'verify' option, it says they're OK, but the APTicket is missing. Have I done something wrong here please?

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

if you don't have the APTicket you can't upgrade.

10. tekilla thread starter macrumors member

Stupid n00b question - what actually *is* APTicket and how can I get it?
    Everything seemed to check out fine with Cydia saying my baseband is good for a 5.0.1 upgrade.

Would I be able to do a stock 5.0.1 upgrade then Jailbreak/install Cydia through RedSn0w?

Thanks.

----------

Apparently APTicket isn't in 4.x firmware which is why RedSn0w reports that my SHSH blobs are fine but APTicket is missing. If this is correct, I'm still not sure why I can't upgrade :confused:

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The APTicket is part of the authentication Apple put into place beginning with iOS5. So firmware restores require both hash file and APTicket file.

Newest versions of TinyUmbrella, Cydia and iSHSHit save both files

12. tekilla thread starter macrumors member

Thanks to everyone for their info - all sorted now.

I've been Jailbreaking since my first iPhone (Nov '07) but this one really stumped me. How I finally resolved it;

1. Installed TinyUmbrella (didn't realise this was OSX too)
    2. Saved SHSH for iOS 5.0.1 using TinyUmbrella
    3. Using latest RedSn0w, stitched those SHSH into a custom (Pwnage Tool) restore
    4. Placed into 'proper' DFU through RedSn0w
    5. Restored through iTunes

However.... I'm in the UK and this is an AT&T handset, so when the restore was complete, I kept getting 'incorrect SIM' messages, so...

6. Used RedSn0w to Jailbreak, Activate and re-install Cydia.

Worked a charm - thanks for everyone's help.
    James