Loads of iPhone4 Questions - Please Help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eddiewinslow, Mar 4, 2012.

1. eddiewinslow macrumors newbie

So.........

I have a Japanese iPhone 4 I purchased while living in Japan. When I moved back I didn't want to buy a phone so I looked into the Gevey SIM deal. The Gevey didn't work but the China3GPP (or whatever) did for some unknown reason.

That being said, I'm still stuck back in iOS4.X due to the baseband nonsense. I went through all the steps, (booting w/ a manual IPSW) but it's not working and I'm not sure if it's because the China3GPP.

So recently I jailbroke my phone again to see if that would help me upgrade to iOS5. But now, every time I turn my phone off/on I have to 'boot it tethered' through redsn0w if I want any of my apps to work - and when I do that, I'm unable to boot up my signal (dial 112 nonsense) for the China chip. But every time I do the first, I can't do the other.

At this point I'd just like my MMS, Facetime, and have Siri, being jailbroken matters very little.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Obviously I'm new to this - so thank you ahead of time.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

ok what baseband do you have now? and firmware? did you save any shsh blobs. Also you can't have siri on a I4 without being jb.. and the gevey not working might be a bad or knock off gevey. Lastly did you keep the carriers micro sim? oh not familiar with China3GPP. I wuld have sold it before I kleft japan and rebought in the US.