Loads of Macs!

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by RedElectro, Jun 2, 2013.

1. RedElectro, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013

RedElectro macrumors regular

Hello again everyone!!

I just thought I'd share my news and (at the same time) ask for some advice. Recently you may have heard that I went a bit bonkers and purchased a Macintosh 128k on eBay... well since then I have gone totally crazy and bought an Apple IIc and (this is the best bit) 6 SE30s, 1 Mac Plus and 1 Mac SE (the latter 'all-in-one' macs were a job lot and the reason for making this post).

I'd say none of the SE30s work properly. I can get a couple of them to boot up but the mouse buttons don't seem to work (no matter which mice/mouses I use) also I don't think any of these Macs have hard drives in either.

So... just looking for general thoughts - have I made a mistake buying these SE30s? Where can I get the parts I need for them? I know that you can have internal Hard Disks - but what size can I go up to and how much are they going to cost/where do I get them?? I also know you can expand them up to 128MB ram (that still sounds impressive even though it's minuscule by today's standards) again... where do I get this from??

Also... I've got some other retro computers Atari ST, Amiga etc... I know that there are SD card storage options available for these has anyone ever heard of this kind of thing being done with an SE or similar? Compact Flash Even??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Can you take the parts from SEs and make one or two working SE?

As for parts you need to use eBay or craigslist for non working SEs - kind of what you have now.

3. RedElectro thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I was hoping to do. maybe get one or two working from the whole bunch.

I only paid £120 for the lot and that included a (working) Powerbook and loads of software too, so I don't think I did too bad if I can get one or two operational?