Loan computers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbpretina, Feb 17, 2013.

1. mbpretina macrumors newbie

A genius at the apple store has authorised a repair to my MBP retina, but they were not able to let me have a loaner.:(

one of my buddies :cool: said that i could just buy a new laptop and use it for 14 days and just return it no questions asked?

anyone else done this:confused:

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Yes you can do this.

3. mbpretina thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome. any likely problems? do they log who buys what.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well whenever I pay, they can tell how many past purchases I've made, so I imagine they do log this kind of behavior. If you only do it once or twice, it won't really matter. Call it buyer's remorse.

5. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

The only problem I can think off is you spilling liquid or braking the screen with the rental just make sure not to break it

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah, even with the Apple Store loaner [provided to business customers], if you break it, you have to pay for the damage.

7. trikky macrumors regular

Have you spoken with the manager?

If you REALLY need your computer, often they will tell you to do this, themselves. Did for me when I was looking to buy my current MBP and went in store (some distance away) after verifying over the phone that certain specs were available....only to find it wasn't.

Getting a free rental using the "buy and return when finished" is poor form, in my opinion, but as I said...if you really need your computer then the manager can make arrangements.

Good luck.

8. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It's cheating the system, and rather unfair on Apple if you ask me.

They offer a loaner service as part of Joint Venture - if you haven't paid for the service - why should they loan you a machine???