Local Apple Store blacked out... "We'll be back October 6th"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carrako, Oct 3, 2011.

1. carrako macrumors regular

Just went by my local Apple Store here in Birmingham, Alabama and noticed they were blacked out... I know its hard to read in this pic, since it was taken with my iPhone 3GS, but it read "We'll be back October 6th"

Dont know if this has absolutely anything to do with tomorrow's announcement, but i thought it was food for thought.

Any other apple stores around the country doing this as well, or is my store just doing renovations or something?

Attached Files:

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

yes lots of stores are remodeling. was reported a few weeks ago.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

iOS 5 probably will be released this week. We haven't seen a Beta 8 and probably won't. We'll see GM tomorrow after the conference, then publicly released on Friday or next week.

4. carrako thread starter macrumors regular

Yeh that's what I was thinking. Just seems a little odd for all the times they could be doing the remodeling, to schedule them during the days before and after Apples keynote.

5. 7even macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the one near me reopens either tomorrow or on the 5th, I forget the wording..

6. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Maybe upgrading as well? I think I can recall a picture on the Front Page with an AT&T tech in front of an Apple store being renovated.

7. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

In high hopes, the iPhone 5 could be launched for sale that day :D

8. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Hmm, interesting.

I personally don't think iPhone 5 (or if hell really has turned over, then 4S), will be released anytime this week. It'll probably be next week, at its earliest, for several reasons. One of the important ones is training the Apple employees about the new phone and its features.