Local apps crashing in ios 11.3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mokiwi, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Mokiwi macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    I have an iPad Air 1, with each software update it’s been getting slower and slower as you would expect but still performed well enough. Since updating to ios 11.3 however apps keep crashing-specifically local apps. I live in South Korea and most of the South Korean apps I use won’t even open (they have been perfectly fine in previous ios versions). The apps have all been updated to the latest version but when I try to open them they pause for ages then the screen returns to the home screen. Has anyone experienced something like this? Is there something I need to do in settings? I have done a hard reset, tried reinstalling the apps but haven’t resorted to a full restore yet. Wonder if it is an app problem and should wait for another app update or is it something in ios?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :)

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

You won’t know if it’s the apps or the iOS. But if reinstalling didn’t help then generally could be down to the apps using some deprecated / old APIs. It’s down to the app developers to ensure their apps stay compatible with iOS through every update.

3. Mokiwi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. The apps released an updated version for ios 11.3 last week. Presumably their APIs would be the latest. Sorry have no idea what APIs are.

4. ericwn macrumors 68020

If the issue is with multiple apps that used to work it sounds more like a system issue than problems with individual apps. Try to restore from a backup or if that fails to set up as new device without restoring a backup.

Best success!

5. Mokiwi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying. Got a feeling a restore or new device setup is coming. Think you might be right about a system problem since more than one app is affected.