Local AT&T store hasn't had iPhone 3GS for 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibrainch, Jul 2, 2009.

1. ibrainch macrumors regular

I'm not really in a rush to get a new iPhone, but I am surprised that my local AT&T store (Chicago loop) hasn't had any new iPhone shipments for 2 weeks. Is anyone else seeing this kind of backlog? Is there anything wrong with production problems or is demand really that high?

2. MoWheels macrumors newbie

Same story here in southern Georgia. They advised me to order - first come, first served. I ordered last Thursday and I picked it up Tuesday afternoon - 5 days. Not too bad. The closest Apple store is 4 hrs away so buying from AT&T was the easiest. It was interesting that AT&T was fulfilling prepaid orders, but the store itself did not receive phones for general stock.

3. JROD333 macrumors newbie

Out of stock since day one here in Key West. None of the employees have the foggiest clue when they'll be in either...

4. isharan macrumors member

Same here in San Jose. No idea when they're getting any either. Apple store on the other hand...:D

5. redman042 macrumors 68020

My boss just bought his first iPhone a week ago, but not knowing any better, he got a 3G instead of waiting for the 3GS to come in stock. I told him he HAS to switch because the 3GS is so much better, and it's worth it despite the restocking fee. He only has about 20 days left.

Since AT&T stores are out, could he swap it at an Apple store?

6. Trumpy macrumors newbie

Trumpy

Same in KC. One guy at the store told me to wait a few weeks, at another store they think it will be this way for a month or two. I wish there was a thread that would update everyone as to when their local AT&T store has them in stock.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, AT&T stores in San Francisco Bay Area have been out since launch day; and don't expect them for another week at least....:(:(:(

8. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Yea same story here in Santa Monica, CA.... I did a direct fulfillment and it came in 3 or so days, so that's good...

9. bobpedro macrumors newbie

ATT store here in KY is out of stock, but said they were able to order them. They ordered me one and it got here in a week. Try asking if they can order you one, they should be able to do it.

10. Stunod7 macrumors member

Stunod7

The AT&T stores around me seem to have a decent stock. I have a friend who went in and could have walked out with one the same day... Although I guess she could have just picked the right day to walk in.

11. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

When the run out of stock then they go into direct fulfillment mode...which takes up whatever might have been delivered for stock. So the direct fulfillment orders have to run out before the stock will be replenished.

AT&T stores around here have been out since launch day...except for the 8GB 3G's, saw a person getting one of those the other day.

12. neilp4453 macrumors regular

All 3 ATT stores around me said that the only way to get a iPhone at their place is to pre-order.

One fed me some ******** that all ATT stores won't have them and that we have to pre-order...yet I see that people have walked in and gotten them at other ATT stores.

I just ended up going to the Apple Store.

13. Trumpy macrumors newbie

Trumpy

I believe that going anywhere but an AT&T store is better, but I have AT&T gift cards and can only use them to purchase an iPhone if it is in stock. I can't even use them to pre-order one. So I have resigned myself that waiting for one will be worth it.

14. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Same situation in Florida. I went to the Apple store and there were 75 people in line before the store even opened. So I said I don't need one that bad. I just took advantage of technology and ordered it online thru the Apple Store and just got an email saying it has shipped and will be here Tuesday. I like ordering from home. Hate standing in line!

15. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

Same here in CT! Couldnt find one for a whole week after the launch, so I ordered from Apple.com June 27th. Unfortunately its not gonna get here until July 8th-14th.