Local At&t store just called - after 3pm on Thursday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GravityEyes, Jun 22, 2010.

1. GravityEyes macrumors regular

GravityEyes

I preorderd 2 phones early on the 15th. The tracking etc is on par with others experiences here. However, the local store in which I am to pickup the phones on Thursday just called and "suggested" that I show up after 3pm to avoid activation problems and congested lines.

Hmmm, after reminding the rep that I have already PAID FOR the 2 phones and will opt to show up early and deal with the line... she said that would be 'ok'.

But she I plied that they may have to unbrick the phone in the store. I ensured her that this being my 4th time with opening day rush I would like ton take them home and be left to my own devices. She "believes" that will be ok, but will have to see on Thursday.

Ugh, at this point I'm going to expect the worst on Thursday.

2. Centient macrumors 6502

This fairly well exemplifies why I walked out of one AT&T store last Tuesday and after calling another, decided to order online. It was Rashomon-esque experience at the store to say the least.

Every single person I spoke with and every person they spoke with, had a different understanding of how the process would work when it came to picking up my phone. Either I could come in on the 24th or it wouldn't be available till the 25th. I could opt for the 550 min talk plan, or I couldn't b/c it was "an online only offer and they don't honor the online deals". As a new customer I could come in and take both phones, or I'd have to have my wife come in to claim the second phone. So on and so forth.

Just a mess. So glad I'm just having the units delivered tomorrow or Thursday to my home.

3. GravityEyes thread starter macrumors regular

GravityEyes

I should have elected to have them delivered. Stupid me felt more secure with a brick n' mortar pickup. I was semi delusional after 3 hrs of trying to order online and the 2 hours in the store as they charged my card numerous times without generating a valid transaction. Ugh. Ugh.

4. Centient macrumors 6502

Yeah that sucks. I'm sure everything will work out in the end, but it really shouldn't have been this difficult for any of us in the first place. The amount of incomplete or misinformation last Tuesday was unacceptable for a company that knows how big a deal an iPhone launch is.