Local ATT store says they aren't carrying iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmille34, Jul 8, 2008.

1. cmille34 macrumors newbie

So I stopped in my local ATT store in SE Michigan to pre-approve for the iPhone 3G since I will be a new subscriber. I waited patiently while the 2 dufus's in the store muddled around with other "customers". When finally asked if I could be helped, I asked if it would speed things up for me on Friday is if I pre-approved for the iPhone 3g today, rather than doing it on Friday. To which he replied that they wouldn't carry it at this store, that I would need to go to a ATT Corporate store or Apple store. He suggested Briarwood Mall. 30 minutes out of my way to work on Friday so not likely to happen..

Does that make sense? An ATT store with a big blue ATT sign outside that won't be carrying a iPhone 3G?

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Only the actual AT&T stores carry it.

You went to an AT&T authorized re-seller, not an actual AT&T store.

3. miniyou64 macrumors regular

miniyou64

Yeah it has to be a corporate store. I have no idea what the difference is, but when some stores were Cingular they had a similar setup. Only corporate AT&T stores will carry the iPhone. At least for the time being.

4. miniyou64 macrumors regular

miniyou64

Yeah it has to be a corporate store. I have no idea what the difference is, but when some stores were Cingular they had a similar setup. Only corporate AT&T stores will carry the iPhone. At least for the time being.

5. GreenLightJerky macrumors member

What he said.

6. cmille34 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow - that was quick. hah. Thanks!

On an unrelated followup question - how does the FAN discount work for former students? If I went to a University with a discount, still have my student ID, will that suffice for the FAN discount?

7. mikki-r macrumors newbie

8. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

only if fraud is your middle name ;)

9. cmille34 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was not sure if it only applied to current students only, based on your response I assume that is the case? When I was at the ATT store by my house, the lady led me to believe, that if we went to a local school that would make me eligible.