Local FM radio stations app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Espo, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Espo macrumors 6502

Is there an application where I can listen to local FM radio stations? For example I am in NYC and I would like to listen to 100.3 (Z100) or 103.5 (KTU) on my phone.

THanks

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I was going to say AOL Radio, but it does not seem to have Z100 or KTU under New York, NY stations.

3. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

I'm not getting Tuner to pull up either of them.

4. vandy1997 macrumors regular

iheartradio (link: http://appshopper.com/music/iheartradio ) says that it plays Z100, but I'm not sure if it does it by location. It's free, so it's worth a try. I haven't tried it myself. Cheers!

5. Espo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a bunch. Yeah it does work, but it only has a few channels, but i guess it will do so now I can listen to phone taps :]

6. slidetounlock macrumors regular

Dude, every FM Pop station does a variation of phone taps, its un orignal, brorng and quite frankly just bad. Get Sirius or XM, stuff actually worth listeneing to on those units

7. vandy1997 macrumors regular

Unfortunately there is no Sirius or XM app for the iPhone (at least for firmware version 2.0 and above) yet. I know that there are apps for jailbroken iPhones with firmware version 1.x. But that's not helpful for people who have upgraded to 2.x.

8. vandy1997 macrumors regular

I'm glad that it worked out for you!

9. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

WunderRadio!

YEP! It just came out today and my colleague and I downloaded it this afternoon. It's called WunderRadio. I never thought a radio application could be so cool, but it appears to index all public radio stations (AM & FM) throughout the world. When you browse by location, you begin with selecting the continent, then the country, then the state, then the city. I actually checked to make sure 100.3 (Z100) and 103.5 (KTU) were listed and they ARE.

Personally, I love this app because I can now listen to Rush Limbaugh live where ever I may be =)

The cost of the application is $5.99 which you may consider excessive for listening to public radio, but it's truly the only app you'll ever need to listen to any public radio station. If it's missing a feed, you can e-mail the developer and he'll add it.

And no...I'm not the developer, just a big fan.

10. slidetounlock macrumors regular

Well, errr. There's two coming out for Sirius and XM. Once theyre out, game over. Geekstoolbox and NiceMac are making a sleek inerface for sirius/xm